Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

This little baby just arrived for wooden wednesday :thumbsup:
bWOMDnD.jpg

obXTNJu.jpg

Dave, I have one of your Gordo’s with it’s sheath and a gun holster. Your workmanship and taste are both impeccable. That Ironwood setup is as good as I have ever seen. Great job!

I know its Thursday but the pic was taken yesterday. Not the best pic but it does show the ironwood well. Just back from the engraver and off to the new owner.

jfRAEZv.jpg

suTUsoq.jpg
That's a looker, Dave! Nothing quite like Ironwood and the engraving is very nice. OK, your leather work is superb too!

Disclaimer : I was not compensated for this endorsement!

Thanks Leslie Tomville Leslie Tomville . Glad ya like your knife, sheath and holster. I carry a Gordo myself as does my wife.

Peregrin Peregrin Thank-you sir! But in the spirit of full disclosure/disclaimer, Nichole my wife does all the flower carving for us. So I constructed this sheath but she did the carving.

I found the big brother to my Churchill! Such a solid beast of a knife... Makes for a handsome pair, I think. Now I just need to find the little sister to complete the trifecta! A #68 White Owl... Methinks I might be searching for awhile.

HRh7RUS.jpg

vj4uGsL.jpg

Thank you GT, 5K Qs 5K Qs , It is hard to tell from photographs of these knives, but I believe that my knife has a bit more sway. Wright’s website offers a version of the Lambsfoot with a pruner handle, and that is what I ordered. However, from a different angle yours might look the same.

The basic model is the 31. Even on their website some of the 31’s look straight and some have a swayback. I cannot understand this. For some unknown reason, they do not identify a model number for the pruner handle model which definitely has a very nice looking swayback.

The 33 is the larger version, 4 inches compared to the 31’s 3.5 inches. My version with the pruner handle is actually slightly shorter than the advertised 3.5 inches. Perhaps this is the result of the pruner handle being slightly different. The 33 also seems to be swayed, but not quite as much as the pruner.

In any event, yours looks very nice. I really do like the rosewood best on these knives. We would probably have to make a trip to Sheffield to figure it all out, and that is something I would truly love to do.

Last edited:
Back