Wooden Wednesday - Traditionals only please

I drug out the NF Barlow in Blackwood for Wooden Wednesday.
I didn't know you had one of those. Looks very nice!
Thanks Ron, I carry it in one of GEC’s large fold over sheaths. It is almost unnoticeable when carrying it on my belt. The smaller 71 Bullnose fit well in the smaller GEC sheath.
View attachment 1365174

I enjoyed one of those sheaths too, until the stitching on the belt loop broke. I still haven't gotten around to attempting a fix for it.

I didn't know you had one of those. Looks very nice!
Thank you, Joshua. :)
It's my second one. I foolishly sold the first one (cheap) before I knew how hard they were to come by.
Somewhere out there is a brown sawcut sheepsfoot NF Barlow that somebody got for well below retail.

8j5sHZO.jpg

I have two of these from the latest production. Neither has a perfectly centered blade. Neither has blade rub, so no big deal to me. The Osage Orange one has a tiny bit of horizontal blade play when open. No vertical play at all. The Ironwood locks up tight with no play in any direction. Both have good snap, although the Osage one has a stronger snap. I'm not sure how much snap matters on a lock back as long as it locks up tight, so fwiw.
I like them, but I'm partial to Canal Street knives and the pinch lock back is one of my favorites. I have a total of 6 - 3 labeled Moore Maker and 3 labeled CSC. Three have a tiny bit of horizontal play and three have none.
Interestingly, the tang stamp on the Ironwood says Canal Street Cutlery. The Osage has the Moore Maker tang stamp. Also, the Ironwood is polished on both sides with no etch and the Osage is polished on the shield side with an etch on the pile side.
View attachment 1356601
View attachment 1356600

Mine arrived today. It’s the ironwood and same as yours, CSC on a nicely polished blade. The centering is just like on my Case copperlock, it favours the show side but will go to Center and stay there with a nudge. There is a touch of play up down and side to side but not bad at all. Nothing to worry about in use. The wood is beautiful and the pins and transitions flush. Can’t wait to put it to work!

Back