Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
---------------------------------------------
*****CONTEST IS NOW OVER******
---------------------------------------------

WINNER ANNOUNCED HERE:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8903717&postcount=91

Thanks to all that entered !!!!!

:thumbup:

Just let me know what you think this knife would be good for - based on your personal experience with knives.

Post as many times as you want, as often as you like. I'll put all names in a hat tomorrow at Noon CST and draw one out as a winner.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Woodlore101118-01.jpg

Woodlore101118-02.jpg

Woodlore101118-03.jpg

Woodlore101118-04.jpg

Woodlore101118-05.jpg

Woodlore101118-06.jpg

Woodlore101118-07.jpg

As a prototype, it has been carried for several months, used in the shop, and sharpened a few times. It definitely shows signs of wear, but no abuse. And, of course, is fully covered by warranty.

Here are the specs:

Overall length = 7.75"
Blade length = 3"
Handle length = 4.75" (yes, a FULL sized handle!)

Steel is 1095, 3/32" thick. Hardened to ~59 HRc.

Handle materials are Burgundy Canvas Micarta over Yellow Liners, held to the blade with aluminum lanyards and 2-ton Devcon Epoxy. Handle fronts
are tapered to make sheathing easier. The micarta has been heavily bead-blasted for a deeply textured grip - even when wet.

The grind is a Scandinavian Zero-Edge grind set at 12 degrees.

There are thumbgrooves on the spine - which has been deburred for comfort (same with the small guard).

The sheath is a Kydex Drop-Loop sheath. All the retention strength of kydex and the carry comfort of a pouch sheath. The eyelets are set up for large TekLoks if you would like to carry it that was as well (can be carried crossdraw canted too!). There is a small drain hole on the backside for blowing out dust/dirt/etc. The loop can accomodate up a 2" wide, double-layer leather belt.

Here is an "In-Hand" pic:

Woodlore101118-09.jpg

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited:
looks great for wood carving, making trap triggers, fuzz sticks, and sparks.
also a nice size for jointing small game and other food prep chores.

Looks like a great knife for cleaning small game and prepping food. I like the full sized handle with small blade look. :thumbup:

ETA: Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited:
Looks like a great cutter. Handle looks big for the size of the knife, but I love your old skinny gen 1 bushcrafter.

Carving, Bird and Trout type applications, bushcraft galore, whipping to a staff to make a spear!

It would be great for fishing and skinning catfish. I like a sharp pointy blade for fishing.They are best for trimming line. I prefer sharp points for for cutting around a catfishes dorsal.

That look like it would be good for fishing, dove and quail hunting, carving, and food prep.

It's a really good size and grind for any wood carving job.I love the full size handle.The longer handle and shorter blade makes precision cutting of wood effortless and comfortable.

It could be used in just about any application but the Scandi grind excells at wood work.

My first impression was "paring knife". That's a good all around small chore blade.

WOW that looks awesome. Id use it camping and hiking mostly. Also depending on how is feels I would probaly use is for EDC and small chores on a deployment

That looks like it would be great for whittling, trap preparation, and cooking. As of now, I only own a mora #1 and some folders that are an appropriate size to do that kind of work (as nice as so many knives are here, I don't have the budget for them).

Last edited:
I would have to say this knife could do just about any bushcrafting chore that was needed. I am really glad to see a full sized handle. For me that is key. I really don't care for 2 and 3 finger knives.

Looks like it would make a great EDC. 3" blade keeps it legal to carry.
Scandi grind should make it perfect for fine wood work. Full handle size should give the user a lot of control. In the company of a larger cutting tool should be everything you need in the woods.
Looks like it can handle pretty much anything that comes it's way in a hiking trip. I'd personally make it my outing companion.
All in all, this design looks like a winner.

Looks like a whittler to me! That and any number of general woodworking tasks. Would probably do well for food prep like a paring knife, skinning, etc. As a companion to a larger chopping knife I think it would be one heck of a knife!

good for a hundred different daily tasks around the homestead - the big plus of that design is it allows it to be used constantly. Carbon steel, scandi grind and only 3" (plenty for most tasks) means it can be kept sharp with minimal effort.

cutting twine, whittling notches, dressing game - just a perfect EDC tool with a full size handle for comfort and utility. kinda like a paring knife in the kitchen, the one you always reach for, but for the outdoors

3" blade with a full size handle, that's a winning combo right there !

Would be great for notching trap parts, whittling camp items and making fuzz sticks.

Thanks for the chance Dan !;):thumbup:

Whittling and fine carving. Would be a great duo combined with a large chopper knife or hatchet.

Also, it would be a good EDC. 2.5 to 3 inch fixed blade is great for that size and with a full size handle, would be pretty cool IMO. I've actually thought that your bushcrafter would be awesome with a shorter (legal size) blade.

Looks like a great little camp knife for shaving wood, cutting up food, maybe even game cleaning.

Thanks!

Back