Would a Survive! Knives Bowie be cool?

Guy is always full of surprises, but I'm wondering if a true Bowie would be too specialized. Even his models that lean towards a certain use are all pretty general.

I'm not trying to be all Negative Nancy, but I thought I read somewhere that grinding the clip points slowed things down too much. That could very well have changed now with the new shop!

Probably like the scandi its extra unintended time. Puts the pace off. I'd be understanding if it wasn't done. I'm just wishing I guess. Lol.

That's a good question. I thought I wanted a Bowie and I bought a custom Bowie'ish knife and I ended up selling it because it wasn't as useful as my 6, 7/7 or 10. I then ended up getting a Busse SFNO and was thinking about getting a NM SFNO because it seemed to me to be a modern day Bowie. But they are too big, too thick and too heavy to use for much more than chopping, digging, prying and some basic cutting. Long story short I didn't buy the NM SFNO and I am selling one of my 2 SFNOs (PM me if you want it - it has the big Busse G10 orange/black handles .24" thick, Busse Custom satin finish with a black Chubby leather sheath). I'll keep my other SFNO because it's the coolest looking knife I've ever owned but if I want a big knife in the filed I'll stick with my 7/7 or 6. That 7/7 with the swedge might be the closest thing to modern take on the original Bowie that Guy's made. Don't forget the Bowie is also a fighting knife. To be honest if you want a relatively inexpensive modern Bowie get a KA-BAR USMC or the Becker combat Bowie. I have the USMC and I still think the 7/7 or the 6 is a better field knife. As a fighter the swedge 7/7 is lighter than the Becker Bowie, tougher and has much better handles than the KA-BARs, at least out of the box. Just my (over thinking) $0.02.
I completely agree

I think everyone is thinking of a classic style Bowie. I don't see Guy designing one. I could be wrong, but I don't believe it would be functional and all around enough for his taste. IMO

I'm thinking of having to wield this with one hand on my gun and the other death gripped around my S! Bowie while fighting off a bear.

I'm thinking of having to wield this with one hand on my gun and the other death gripped around my S! Bowie while fighting off a bear.

If Texas_toothpick is willing to fight a bear, I can't see how a Survive! Knives Bowie could not get a green light. That's commitment! Ha...

what's funny is I'm not particularly fond of the bowie style, and instead would prefer to see a survive kukri something like a tops dart, maybe a little bigger. But i will admit when fighting a bear, i'd rather have a big ass bowie knife!

what's funny is I'm not particularly fond of the bowie style, and instead would prefer to see a survive kukri something like a tops dart, maybe a little bigger. But i will admit when fighting a bear, i'd rather have a big ass bowie knife!

I wasn't familiar with the DART, but it looks like the shallow side of recurve for a kukri. Still pretty cool.

Bowie
Kukri
Guy mentioned a possible machete
Was he serious about a hatchet?

I like how this list is growing!

I wasn't familiar with the DART, but it looks like the shallow side of recurve for a kukri. Still pretty cool.

Bowie
Kukri
Guy mentioned a possible machete
Was he serious about a hatchet?

I like how this list is growing!

I wouldn't mind more bend, but figured it was the closest a survive might get to a kukri, again leaning more towards the all-arounder than job specific designs.

I just say it in Texan I don't know how to speak any other way. When I lived in other states the first thing out of peoples mouth was "your from Texas aren't you" I'd say its "ain't you" and "yea"

Back