Would you rather have....

What would you rather have?

• One or two grails (one-offs, exotic handle materials)

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Three to five Custom Shop pieces (limited, satin, standard handle materials)

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • A trough full of user-grade Busses (can still be new, but: CG, BG, Kin)

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
Cobalt's recent "Someone gives you money..." thread contained the following:

"This is the only busse you can ever buy, but you can own other brands. The only price not negotiable is the grail. It will take the full amount to get your grail and it is the only busse you will get."

Even though it's only a hypothetical game, I was a little surprised no one else balked at this. While I did give an answer based on some of my most valued users, I'd honestly rather turn down the money than be subject to that sort of proviso.

So with that in mind, if for some reason you had to choose only one of the poll options here, what would you choose?

*for the purposes of this poll; CF, BIG, and DC blade finishes should be considered as part of the Custom Shop option. Strippers would be user-grade.

I'm fine with just a couple.

I rather have 2 nice cars in the garage than a lawn of beaters.

Given the option, I will ALWAYS choose CF over any coated blade. I just don't like the coatings. I think they add drag during use and I personally prefer plain steel. I know my original NMFBM CG cuts a hell of a lot better after I stripped her!

I will make exceptions for a model I really, REALLY, want but just can't get without a coating. Then I'll strip 'em. :eek: :D

Back