wow wow wow wow wow RC2 blade profile

This is so hot that I'm posting this twice. This deserves its own thread in addition to my posting in the usual hot of the bench thread. Also, Darrel was kind enough to unveil these BEFORE Shotshow opens up on the 17th. What he has yet to unveil is the prototype everyone's waiting on.

This is Darrel's new RC2 blade profile on a titanium Gunhammer frame. RC2 probably stands for Recurve 2.

409374_10150459934506765_607411764_8852168_1420099224_n.jpg

backrc.jpg

closedrc.jpg

Last edited:
Now THAT I like...a lot...maybe my GH2 will get some company after all....

Yea, I dig it a lot too. The pointier tip on the RC2 compared to the original radian recurve seems to make it a bit more practical for edc cutting chores.

That's sweet. Not sure I'd ever buy or carry one of these with the other, much more practical (but still cool-looking) blade shapes available on Darrel's custom Gunhammers, but I do have to admit this one looks really awesome. And I agree with you, Hark, that the tip portion could still be good for light/quick EDC chores.

i like it but i have one gripe, do you think darrell will ever tap for tip up as well?

That's sweet. Not sure I'd ever buy or carry one of these with the other, much more practical (but still cool-looking) blade shapes available on Darrel's custom Gunhammers, but I do have to admit this one looks really awesome. And I agree with you, Hark, that the tip portion could still be good for light/quick EDC chores.

Practical? Practical? What's that....I'm carrying an Umnumzaan, a Sebenza, a Kershaw groove and Im still trying to find a place to put my GH2 that's sorta comfortable. That's the trouble with having so many nice knives....I wanna carry them all, all the time.

Practical? Practical? What's that....I'm carrying an Umnumzaan, a Sebenza, a Kershaw groove and Im still trying to find a place to put my GH2 that's sorta comfortable. That's the trouble with having so many nice knives....I wanna carry them all, all the time.
I'm not going to ask what places you've already tried that weren't comfortable. :eek:

Joking aside, I know what you mean. So far, I've managed to deal with the "so many nice knives I want to carry" problem by rotating them based on what I feel like carrying on a given day. But if (er, when) I get even more of Darrel's awesome knives, there's a slight chance I might have to make the transition into being one of those guys who carries multiple knives.

I'd trade my trigger maze for that. And that's saying something!
What's the $$$? :D

That's delicious. I love the point on that blade.

When I saw the CQC-15 I thought Emerson was off his nut, but THIS recurve tanto actually looks functional.

I like how easier it is to sharpen Darrel's version of recurves since they are two separate grind lines.

Darrel had one of these with (as I recall) gold anodized titanium (the thicker/'HD' scales), LSCF inlay, and fire-colored hardware at the Tactical Knife Invitational last Saturday. :thumbup:

Back