WSS: Bushcraft Knife Challenge Gallery.

So maybe I missed it in the discussion?

But is the notch so you can take your pot off the fire?

If so, very cool idea!

Yes Sir, it is. And its just about the right size to strike a fire steel as well.
Thanks for the kind words. Alot of what I look for in a knife, I learned from you, so it means alot to me, that you like the looks of my beastly little knife!!
After my camp out a couple of weeks ago, getting to REALLY abuse and use my knife..I learned 2 things..I like it as much as I thought I did.
And I make a pretty ugly knife!:D That takes a WHoopin and keeps on going...
Thanks Hollowdweller!!!

Alot of what I look for in a knife, I learned from you, so it means alot to me, that you like the looks of my beastly little knife!!

Thanks Hollowdweller!!!

This is true for me as well. I learned a lot about what I look for and make in knives from HD.

This is true for me as well. I learned a lot about what I look for and make in knives from HD.

My "bucket list" has on it:

" Make it to the Beer at the end of the hike with Mr. and Mrs. Hollowdweller"
Someday......

Here is the redone 2nd video. Very crappy lighting, but it's raining today so my kitchen isn't all that bright. I also kind of rushed through it..

Sorry

[youtube]3Nm6edhjgwE[/youtube]

Thanks for all your hard Work Tony!!!! You guys made this a lot of fun for everyone!!!!

Got to watch the videos finally- great job and thanks for the extra work! :thumbup:

The Donovan Phillips knife really speaks to me...can't find a website for him though!

Rick Marchand's is cool too...art meets form meets...:confused:

This came in the mail Friday per my buddy, Tony's request.:p
5524877589_20384399c0_z.jpg

Iz

Cool 3rd vid Tony. You must still lack a little confidence in your bowdrill technique when you make 10 divots at a time like that ;)

Actually, you guys must have found it a bit difficult switching up knives mid-way through fuzzies like that as it always takes a bit to find the sweet spot angle on a knife especially when they are scandi ground.

Actually, you guys must have found it a bit difficult switching up knives mid-way through fuzzies like that as it always takes a bit to find the sweet spot angle on a knife especially when they are scandi ground.

We had been using each knife one at a time for quite some time before we did things like that.

I've been using Scandi's religiously for about 2 years now so I am very comfortable with them as they are my preferred knife. It's the flatgrinds that give me trouble figuring out the angle :eek:

Tony:

Crappy lighting...

TF

Why thank you Captain obvious :thumbup:

The FB really fuzzed up that "Aussie" hardwood and the GrAywolf went through those lines like magic!

hehe.. :D

This came in the mail Friday per my buddy, Tony's request.:p
5524877589_20384399c0_z.jpg

Iz

Well it's about time! :thumbup:

It's funny cause your fit and finish is realy good. That handle with all of it's inlays couldn't have been easy, and you pulled it off to perfection.

However your etching looks like my 6 year old daughter did it.:p

You slimmed down quite a bit. I don't see the token Rick love handles.

Must have been hitting the gym eh:thumbup:

Wasn't the gym I was hittin', bro. Spent a lot of evenings at the "Y".... ;) wink wink.

Back