WTB - Koyote Alaskan

In a time long ago, when the Koyote still walked among men, I had intended to commission a large knife. The Alaskan, I think it was. But the Man disappeared into the Great Basin before that happened.

Koyotes have come and gone, but only ol' #300 remains. I never did get my hands on the big Alaskan. So if you have one collecting dust, and you might be inclined to pass it on, I would be interested. The bigger the better.

I may be interested in other patterns, too. So let me know what you have.

IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0131.JPG IMG_0132.JPG I think I saw a couple of old pics, but not sure if it was the Alaskan. I have a Great Divide hunter in bocote, that is not for sale, but I was wondering if was close to what you are looking for? My pic is in the Koyote forum somewheres, let me see if I can get the same pic here uploaded.hope you find it. Still wondering how Koyote girl was doing too. She made a great sheath.

Last edited:
My Great Divide was modified to be a saber grind from the original scandi vex. 1/8 thick and I believe 15n20 or 1084.. What did he used to use? I have always wanted a Stead knife.

Just wanted to show off my Koyotes. I have another in micarta that I have to find and take a pic, the last one I got from him and had to have Koyote Girl find in his final days to finish.

Your modified Great Divide is pretty similar, albeit smaller than the Alaskan/Camp Chopper.
3226787020_086ea4a5f1.jpg

Pics are getting harder to find these days. It seems folks have done a lot of housekeeping in there Flickr accounts over the last 10 years. Here's one I found from Barberfobic1992. I believe BigMike had one, also. Snow, tonym, and several other folks had smaller (7"-8") versions.

Last edited:
That is a beast of a Koyote! I never have understood the custom machetes, though. A Tramontina will run you $10ish, and the only real difference, I imagine, is the handle material. Of course, that sheath is a work of art.

There was a little red handled stead knife that I missed out on years ago. Never got to try one.

I did have a gorgeous natural micarta handled leuku about the same size as that maple (?) handled one in cbach's post. It was a nice piece, for sure.

Yeah, I have to agree on the machete.

The stead knife I had for awhile was a tan micarta handle. It felt really solid in the hand.

This is my only koyote now. I got it off the exchange a couple years ago. First pic is from a trip a few years ago. I just used it a couple days ago to make fatwood shavings from a downed branch in my yard. I love the look of it!

ChOf1yL.jpg

yrzECvP.jpg

Last edited:
C chopchop , I am willing to sell or trade my older micarta 5 inch leuku, the one by the ruler. Just a thought to keep it interesting. To be honest, I got it from Northridge88 (?) here on the forums. It is well used, but I got a good edge in it after stropping, it needs a good home.

Back