X-mas Give Away contest. Prize = 4 inch ti framelock proto Gunhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gun Hammer arrived! I would have taken pictures, except I was busy dealing with the fallout of Southern California's mini-hurricane last night. It was nuts. Tree branches, billboards, and debris everywhere.

I'll snap some photos the soonest I am able. :D

Glad to hear you're okay. Can't wait to hear your impressions. I love me a Gun Hammer!

I'd fly to South Carolina with my girlfriend and watch the sun come up. Hang out and walk the beach then fly home to the Oregon coast and watch the sun set. Then have a wicked cool bonfire that I made bushcrafty style and cook brats and drink Black Butte Porter and wait for the stars to come out.

Gunhammer of God has a nice ring to it.

Thanks for the chance.

Gunhammer of God

It's so...apropos. Darrel Ralph, God of Knife Making. (I've been reading too many fantasy novels in which a relatively normal person gets to ascend to godhood on the basis of their skill at their particular craft). That could just be me drooling over the last picture that got put up in Hot Off The Bench though...

Also, some Gun Hammer love:

2011-12-02082321.jpg

OK, time to throw my hat into the ring. If I had 24 hours to live, I would want to have some wonderful experiences. I would have three great meal, with parties included. My family would be at each party, but one of the parties would just be my family. The parties would be at restaurants of my choosing. I would want to go out on my own terms. I would probably drive a car too fast and end it that way. I guess this would have to be done at a track to keep the collateral damage to zero.

Gun Hammer Nitrous Driven

I read through all these great posts. I like the 24-hours-to-live answers especially, very imaginative. I'm more of a simple pleasures kinda feller. I'm up at college, so if I had 24 hours to live, I would take an hour flight home while listening to my favorite songs, and get to know a stranger next to me. Once home, I would spend time with my family and my beloved dogs, cat, and horses. I would play Settlers of Catan (fantastic board game - a family favorite), and go fishing/hunting and play tennis with my dad, while driving my Jeep around of course. I would eat a family Christmas dinner with some homemade sweet tea. I'd then like to have a knowledgeable discussion with a person (who doesn't JUDGE me for my several addictions in things that I can't afford) about knives, watches, razors, firearms, and all things outdoors, while drinking beer and whiskey. I would give away my favorite possessions to the people I care about most so that they'll have something to remember me by. And preferably, during the very final minutes, I would like to be alone in my bedroom with just my dog, dozing off to rest forever underneath a warm down comforter.

I feel like home is where the heart is, and it's great to READ about going to exotic places and parties on one's last day, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I will not miss what I have never gotten the chance to do, but what I have gotten the chance to love already.

"Sonuva" Gun Hammer

9 days to go guys! Someone's gonna have one helluva knife to start the new year.

Hey guys!

Here's a tasty picture to whet your appetite for the coming conclusion of HTM's latest contest! My Gun Hammer from the last giveaway!

wEsgr.jpg

It's a kick-ass knife. Solid, lightweight, and a real cutter. I expect I'll be doing a formal review soon!

Keep those entries coming!

Great pic. It looks a bit different from my bowie Gunny, but that's to be expected. Darrel's updated the design a lot over the years ever since the Gunnies were called Maxx Q. Looks like he's using different thumbstuds now. I like 'em. I see he added a bit more texture to the lockbar for lock manipulation. Also looks like he took the clip on the blade a bit deeper on the current ones. It's a good look.

damn thats a sexy knife. cant wait to get my hands on one of those beauties. The swedge is soooo sexy, ties the whole knife together. If i got one i would get the bowie style.

If I had 24 hours to live I'd Do everything I do normally in any given 24 hour period, go to the grocery store, go to work, go out to a bar. Except I'd do it all wearing only a pink speedo, a snorkel and two samurai swords strapped to my back just to give people something to talk about.

As for the name of the knife I'd call it the Tzolkin gun hammer. After the Mayan calendar that is suppost to predict the end of us all in 2012, though I don't believe that at all. Eitherway true or not at least I Hope the world doesn't end in 2012 so that this knife can get released.

Last edited:
24 hrs to live with all the money i could imagine... I'd walk down to the local soup kitchen, gather every homeless person i saw and take them to dinner. I'd donate as much as i could to the shelter, and give those folks on hard times an evening of warmth midst a cold northern minnesota winter. then i'd travel to see one of two people i consider family in this world, tell her everything she's done for me in words i've never had the courage to say, and fly both of us to the most beautiful place i've ever been to, Alaska. Where, coincidentally the other of those two live. I'd take them to dinner, give them a chance to meet and tell them both the profound difference they've made in my life. I'd then go online and order something special for a dear friend of mine living on the east coast; ironically of all the people i know, one i've never met has proven to be one of my best and longest friends. I'd close the computer, and spend my last hours basking in the glory of all that i consider beautiful and pure.

as for the knife name, its kinda hard to name a knife i haven't seen. but a good one i suppose would be "Gun Hammer Glory"

i would skydive and play fruit ninja for real and how about the TLGHH (the Loudest gun Hardest Hammer)

If I had 1 day to live...I would pack up my fly fishing gear and head to Montana country with my brothers. Fish all day grill some fresh trout over an open fire for lunch and dinner.

I like the sound of Gun Hammer Excalibur.

Edit: If we can post multiple names, here are some I can't get out of my head.

Gun Hammer Cataclysm
Gun Hammer Sunderer
Gun Hammer River
(means rend or tear; also because the scales look like waves)

Last edited:
Man that's really tough. I'd take my wife & 2 kids to our favorite place - Mather campground in the Grand Canyon. I'd spend it there around a campfire. Dos Equis, camp food, & marshmellows.

Gun Hammer Deepfreeze.

Let's see...
I'd jump on a plane and fly to Utah and go rock climbing, always wanted to do that in Utah. I would then fly to visit with long lost friends and family, pick them up, jet over to Miami charter a boat and sail into the darkness.

Just name this knife: Gun Hammer Evo

Thanks for the chance.;)

Last edited:
1. Depending on the time, I would make it up to see the Northern Lights with my wife by any means necessary.

2. How about the "Human Germ", technically it has Gun Hammer in it.

1. Sit in a rocking chair all day with my infant granddaughter in my arms and schnauzer in my lap.

2. Gun Hammer Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back