Yard Slicer

Any word on the electrical issues at the shop? Wonder if they will launch this coming week?

The delay sucks, luckily I got a winkler a week ago and was not a fan of it, sold it today and that will allow me to buy 3 satin WS1020s for sure. I think these are going to be great, I’ve been wanting an anorexic b4 for a while but I think this will fill the bill even though I would prefer infi over the sr101. Can’t beat the price so I’ll live with sr101

Smart move, these will be classics for sure in my mind. I think I actually prefer this to the Basic 4 Anorexic, mainly because the choil looks more snag resistant than the B4 LE. I like having the ability to plane down the entire primary grind of the knife to reduce thickness behind the edge... every time you sharpen the edge gets thicker so you must maintain this between sharpening.

You can do this easily on something like the saber grind of this W.S. 1020, but if you do the same on a full flat ground blade you actually end up reducing the thickness at the spine as you grind metal away... and it's a wider bevel so it's much more lengthy process as removal rate slows because a wider bevel reduces contact pressure of the knife on the stone (cuts shallower).

I've actually never done this to a full flat ground knife, especially wouldn't want to with the nice fancy satin finish of the B4LE... W.S. 1020 is just perfect with the Scrap Satin Finish & Saber grind though. I'm hoping this Scrap Satin finish becomes standard option for ordering Scrap Yard knives, having only a choice between coatings has been a pet peeve of mine for years and years.

It will be a winner for sure. The thickness along with SR101 ease of becoming CRAZY sharp... man.

I cant wait for this one.

It's gonna be a winner for sure. I feel like it won't take the pounding of some of the other ScrapYards in a similar size. That's cool, I've got plenty for beating on.
The older I get the more I realize that not every knife needs heavy lumber taken to it.

Oh, and not every knife needs a sharpened spine for striking a firesteel.

Anybody know what the name stands for? War (Dog) Skinner/Slicer? 1020 for October 2020?

Back