Yard Slicer

This pair of my hunting knives is waiting on their love child to arrive! :D

Yes, I have both of those, too. As well as more than a few other smaller blades that are useful for hunting. Sitting this one out, but the utility and value of this new blade does look great.

I was going to grab 2 of these but after the video I think I need three. Now I just can’t decide if it will be 2 satin and 1 coated or 3 satin.

it would be awesome if they had handle color options though.

I'm not sure the test referenced in that video can prove the statement of 'hair splitting sharp', IMO. Everybody who I've seen actually split hair is doing it with the hair freehanging and unsupported and the edge simply touched to the hair. It either bites in or it doesn't, just that simple... this is a VERY high degree of sharpness that most will NEVER attain. Also, I don't believe it says as much about the knife as it does the sharpener's skill level overall. Not to take anything away from the knife, but I would avoid using that as a marketing claim because your test does not actually demonstrate that... it DOES demonstrate paper sheet filleting sharp though.

I'm not sure the test referenced in that video can prove the statement of 'hair splitting sharp', IMO. Everybody who I've seen actually split hair is doing it with the hair freehanging and unsupported and the edge simply touched to the hair. It either bites in or it doesn't, just that simple... this is a VERY high degree of sharpness that most will NEVER attain. Also, I don't believe it says as much about the knife as it does the sharpener's skill level overall. Not to take anything away from the knife, but I would avoid using that as a marketing claim because your test does not actually demonstrate that... it DOES demonstrate paper sheet filleting sharp though.

Hair splitting is not too difficult. I'm confident it would not take much to get thin sr101 there.

UFyb4Ha.jpg

I've had more than a few Busse that came hair shaving sharp.

Yes, I have both of those, too. As well as more than a few other smaller blades that are useful for hunting. Sitting this one out, but the utility and value of this new blade does look great.
I get that, so do I. But how the heck can you sit this one out at this price??? :eek: This blade has the distinct possibility of becoming Andy the Aussie Andy the Aussie best hunting knife ever. That's amazing!!!

I am not 100% sure, but I think that this might be the thinnest SR-101 we've ever seen. :cool:

.....honestly......blah blah blah....

Hair splitting is not too difficult. I'm confident it would not take much to get thin sr101 there.

UFyb4Ha.jpg

I've had more than a few Busse that came hair shaving sharp.

Please post a video demonstrating and describe your sharpening process. Shaving is very easy to get to, splitting is a whole different thing.

I doubt my ability to get a knife hair splitting sharp.
Though I can't recollect a time when I needed a knife that sharp either, but I guess once I'd had a knife Hair splitting sharp, I could always go back to just shaving sharp.
I sorta want to see what I've been missing out on.

Stupid question.... this would be my First SYKCO.... how do we buy These? Are they special reserve/limited?
I thick I saw they went on sale last night???

Do we have to pre-order them Here, or on their website? It doesn't look like Any knives are there.
Did I miss out Already?

Thanks.

Please post a video demonstrating and describe your sharpening process. Shaving is very easy to get to, splitting is a whole different thing.

Most of my knives are hair-whittling sharp and I do it all by freehand.

WP1 thread, click here.

Stupid question.... this would be my First SYKCO.... how do we buy These? Are they special reserve/limited?
I thick I saw they went on sale last night???

Do we have to pre-order them Here, or on their website? It doesn't look like Any knives are there.
Did I miss out Already?

Thanks.

They'll be available beginning this evening at 9:00 p.m. Eastern on the Scrap Yard website. They'll probably be available for a couple or three days. Once this run sells out, they'll probably disappear from the website for a while, but it looks like they might come back later as a regular item, but without the first run discounts.

They'll be available beginning this evening at 9:00 p.m. Eastern on the Scrap Yard website. They'll probably be available for a couple or three days. Once this run sells out, they'll probably disappear from the website for a while, but it looks like they might come back later as a regular item, but without the first run discounts.

It will be a Regular item...right after the AR 15....

Back