yellow fever

I have been carrying my new Carl Schlieper large Stockman, with the pale yellow handles for several weeks now and am quite pleased with it. It needed to be sharpened when I got it, but that was not much of a job. Does anyone know what the yellow scales are actually made from? Thanks.

normally i would say Delrin i believe made by dupont (plastic) but i'm not sure since yours is a german manufacturer.
Maybe somebody will chime in!
soddies rule:thumbup:
cheers
ivan

Guys, I've tried everything from Czech beer to Scotch whisky, but I can't kill yellow fever!

SummerCamp2007038.jpg

Maybe you should try the mushroom you cut, but I doubt that I'll help.

You might just have to give in ;)

Peter

I've got a bad case of yellow fever, and I think I''m going to get a few more symptoms soon. The Doctor's bills will run up!

If you've caught yellow fever...steel yourself, for the treatment is expensive, and health insurance won't touch it. ;)

If you've caught yellow fever...steel yourself, for the treatment is expensive, and health insurance won't touch it. ;)

Nope. Not even the iron pills. ;)

Now I've gone and done it, my new yella Case mini trapper has bit me(no, really, it bit me on the finger after a fresh stropping) and I fear that I've contracted "yellow fever". Found myself at the computer last night looking at peanuts, don't know how I got that notion...I mean it's not as if I've heard tales of them here or something. :p
The upside of this is, I may just get the wife to carry a traditional too. She made a few comments on the Case peanuts in perwinkle and carribean blue. As for me, I'm pondering some more yellow. Maybe a barehead slimline trapper? Woe is me...

Gautier

I want to match Keensharp's Camillus model 60 and raise him a Camillus model 22. Both of these I acquired when I made a trip back to Nebraska to visit family and friends. The manager at the gunstore where I found these knives stated that they were part of the Camillus display purchased by the store back in 1978. A couple of pictures of the full lot of Camillus vintage knives are posted on the Camillus forum.

Here's my two latest additions. I have been carrying the Moore Maker ever since I got it. The Case will need a good scrub and oiling, but has surprisingly good snap and action for being as crusty as it is.

SMKW has a short run of Tiny Trappers and Pocket hunters in YELLOW handles a while back. I had to get them both. They might still have them in stock, sometimes they don't put them in the catalog but still have some. Yeah I have the fever too.

I note with interest that the disease is spreading and taking on new forms....Great Eastern Cutlery has just released some Harness Jacks in carbon with that old yellow handle...:thumbup:.big knife with big looks. Check their website.

Gentlemen---I canceled my Yellow EB Sodbuster when I ordered my Case Soddie with Black handles but guess what?? Yep---The Yellow EB is on the way! I might be catching up to Ivan and Chickenplucker!!

Back