Yet another warranty issue that is unbelievable

Moose is dead on with the Model 29 comments. Tons of those long barrel 29s out there on Gunbroker, etc. Wait until Battle LA comes out, we won’t be able to buy ESEE blades anywhere. Hmmmm, “Peak ESEE”. Maybe I should buy all the dealers out and I could retire. :D

Well the only reason we let our blades in Battle Los Angeles is it is real-world truthful stuff, dude!

Moose is dead on with the Model 29 comments. Tons of those long barrel 29s out there on Gunbroker, etc. Wait until Battle LA comes out, we won’t be able to buy ESEE blades anywhere. Hmmmm, “Peak ESEE”. Maybe I should buy all the dealers out and I could retire. :D

It's so true. Product placement in popular movies works. Somebody really missed the marketing boat on the Crocodile Dundee movies. Every knife lover would want a bowie like Dundee's. I'll admit to collecting movie knives. But I also know a bit about using knives and guns from the real world. The S&W Model 29 is a fine revolver, but my S&W Model 396 in 44 SPL carries a lot better. Even us old farts are not immune to the influences of the media. But most of us spent some time in the woods and on ranges. Today's kids often lack those experiences. They were never boy scouts and grew up in a more urban environment. The kids lucky enough to grow up on farms and ranches are likely to be more grounded in reality.

I don't want to seem like I am bagging on the products from movies, I'm not. What I'm baggin' on is peoples thought process of, if I get me one of those, I'll be a badass like <enter star's name here>. Movie knives are great, one of the greatest movie knives in existance, is the Kyber Bowie from Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom. Not a great value, but what a knife. Not machete, oh no, Kyber Bowie. Bowie. It has an 16" blade. Bowie.

When the BFLA comes out, Shon better put on some help, and buy the lot next door, 'cause your won't be able to find them anywhere. Good call by the way, getting in the door of a major movie, is like someone copying your knife and putting your face on the box. You finally made it.

I hope you sell a ton of knives, and I hope even more, that people sign up for your classes, once they get said knife. Hell, I would be happy if they bought a book on knife use. Chances are, they will be stuck it trees.

Moose

We hardly ever respond harshly to an end user /customer, but this is plain foolish. I don't want this guy on my team under any circumstances, whether it's camping in a state park or traveling through remote jungles. Anyone that intentionally abuses a life saving tool because they simply don't care and know they will get a replacement for free is not someone I hold in high regards on any level. We have a NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty against abuse for the times that our knives may be called upon to get someone out of a pinch, save a life, etc. Example: you lock yourself out of your house and need to pry your door open. You break the knife. We replace it because it was being used as a last ditch tool and it broke under "honorable" use. There is NOTHING honorable about throwing our knives into trees because you know if it breaks you will get another. We don't want these type of people as customers. Period. Wished we could weed the idiots out but it's impossible.

:thumbup:
Excellent post

Honestly, I don't think the movie it will increase knife sales even 1 percent.

Which model are they using? I want to go ahead and order me one along with some tactical pants.

Honestly, I don't think the movie it will increase knife sales even 1 percent.

Care to make a wager? Of course, you would be the only one that would know if it did, but, you seem like an honest guy, so, I trust ya.

Say, 3 mos after the movie comes out, if you don't see a jump of at least 7%, I'll buy you a Becker BK2. If you do see a jump in sales at least 7% or better, I get an ESEE5. Sound fair?:D:thumbup:

Moose

We sent them a lot of different models along with some soft gear. These were with the old RAT Cutlery name and logo.

Order your pants early because wehn ESEE comes out with the new Tactisexual line (with included goatee and beer gut) you wont have a chance at finding them!

Moose, I would bet with you but it's sort of hard to judge because our sales take wild swings sometimes with really no cause. You may be right about this but we have never really seen increased sales from magazine articles or our knives being used on cop shows, etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why don't I just send you an ESEE-5 and you send me a BK-2 and we be done with it?

Moose, I would bet with you but it's sort of hard to judge because our sales take wild swings sometimes with really no cause. You may be right about this but we have never really seen increased sales from magazine articles or our knives being used on cop shows, etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

The only reason I say it, is because people buy movie stuff. Even people with no knowledge of who you are, will hear of ESEE and buy it, just because they saw it in a movie. You could have a soldier, talking about using his ESEE for everything from opening MRE packs to killing enemies, and it won't make the impact, of seeing it on the big screen.

Magazines that feature articles on knives, are seen, well, by, um, knife people. Same with guns mags and gun people. Everyone goes to the movies. If just one of those actors does something cool with an ESEE blade and the knife can be identified, hold on to your knickers sweetheart, you're gonna lose'em if you don't.

ESEE Knives, The Whole Story, starring Jeff Randall as Mike Perrin. Mike Perrin as Jeff Randall. Jet Li as Shon Rowen, with a special guest appearance by Sylvester Stallone, because he's old and needs work.

Moose

Why don't I just send you an ESEE-5 and you send me a BK-2 and we be done with it?

You want me to send it to 60 Randall Road, or do you have an alternate address?:D

Moose

Order your pants early because wehn ESEE comes out with the new Tactisexual line (with included goatee and beer gut) you wont have a chance at finding them!

I'm hoping for a breakaway fly with exploding bolts. If there's a semi-custom option, I would like to substitute mutton chops for a goatee. :thumbup:

We sent them a lot of different models along with some soft gear. These were with the old RAT Cutlery name and logo.

Will these be made from "silky denim"?
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.T. View Post
I don't want this guy on my team under any circumstances, whether it's camping in a state park or traveling through remote jungles.

What about a knife throwing team? :p

Nope, not event then, because the knife broke because his throwing skills were not up to snuff!

I'm not sure I buy the whole urban/rural thing. I've never lived a rural existence. I'm urban/suburban and I have had a knife my whole life. My first knife was the very tactical swiss army knife (hunter i think), and then some smaller Buck lockbacks.

I was taught how to use and maintain a knife at a very young age, and those lessons have stuck with me. I think all kids, urban, suburban, rural, or whatever should know how to safely handle a full range of basic tools.

Its also not the the fault of technology. I work in IT, I have to be immersed in the tech world or I would be obsolete. What drew me to computers was the ability to create things from scratch with virtually no barrier to entry once you have the computer.

I bought my own computer at 16 by working, no gifts, and I am self taught. I don't play video games,I don't twitter, I don't facebook, I don't really play on computers period. There is no excuse for poor manners and a lack of basic skills, social and life.

Now I'm starting to develop much more interest in the outdoors, and the knife skills I have had since childhood are just as applicable now as ever. The lessons we learn as children stick with us, I hope kids today are learning the right lessons.

-- Adam

You want me to send it to 60 Randall Road, or do you have an alternate address?:D

Moose

Yes, please. Email me your shipping address and I will have Patricia get a 5 out to you when she gets back in on the 3rd.

Back