You Did It!

We hereby announce the ‘soft opening’ of DesRosiers Knives! This last week we reached the stage to where we can begin producing again. There are still numerous times in the workday where you realize you’re in need of a tool you no longer own and have to spend some time fabricating it but the bones are in place and we’re forging and grinding again. There are even more numerous times where we stop work in need of something and then one of us says “Hey, a friend sent us one of those!!”. Whether it’s a small wheel attachment, a tape measure or a spool of baling wire it reminds us how blessed we are to be part of this community and loved beyond what we deserve. It’s nothing short of a miracle what we’ve all accomplished together, back to work in less than a year! Thank you so much for all you gave.

We had a shop warming/100th birthday party for the Beaudry #7. I wish you could have all been here so here’s some pictures. My Dad and brother brought some clay pigeons and a friend loaded up a pile of trap loads for the occasion. Mom showed up with a crockpot full of peppermint lattes and sandwiches. Adam demoed forging a full tang knife and I showed off the 200 lb. Beaudry by crushing a large bolt flat enough to make door handles with. There were several of those and a damascus pendant for prizes with a competitive glove toss to win them all. We crushed a birthday brownie in the #7 which Adam christened Ketut to go with my Uncle Al press long dubbed Rhonda (Well Rhonda II now I guess). If you’re curious about the epic romance between Rhonda and Ketut just google it or ask us at BLADE show ;)

Adam & Haley

[/[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/metalwhacker/media/image_11.jpeg.html]

Congratulations on the opening. Good to see it all come together for you.
Looks like a good place to stay out of the cold!
All the best to the both of you...

Congratulations!

Just look at those unadorned white walls. Someone needs to start a "hideous artwork" drive, so you can have a truckload of nauseatingly bad paintings and such arrive. Then some of the art donors can pressure you for photos of the stuff put up on the walls even though it was all way too gross to actually hang! :D:D:D

Pretty cool. The community came together for you guys in a magnificent way.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Well, I'll speak for my self and pretty much anybody that contributed whether it be big or small, it feels good to see you up and running!

Nice to hear you're back in the game. This gives me a big smile for the Christmas season.

Merry Christmas

Happy to hear things are finally coming together and back in the game. Enjoyed seeing all the post of the rebuild, although understand it was difficult time. Happy and productive days ahead.

Congratulations on the opening. Awesome to see everything came together for y'all. Awesome to see a community come together to help each other. I'm sure there are a plenty of happy days ahead. Looks like an awesome time in the pics though.

-Rick

T2 Tappin'

Looks like the perfect way to get into the spirit of the season. Hopefully that big, bright shop will be a blessing for many winters to come.

I'm just so damn happy for you I can barely contain myself!

Back