You guys down for a WIP Pants for the Farm Knife?

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by pugs75, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    You should give it a try. Honestly, I'm no expert, but I can make a passable sheath.

It all started when buying Busse, which don't come wirh sheaths. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

oldmanwilly likes this.
  2. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Man those look great, more then just passable if ya ask me!! There pretty easy to make, you just keep learning more with each one and apply it to the next one, before ya know it a few years pass.

3. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Ok fellas, got more work done today and finished it up. Was not feeling good the last few days, every time the weather changes here I get a dang cold. When your used to 80-90"s, 40's and 30's can do that to ya. Anyho here are the last ones.
    Here is the backside with the belt loop sewed up and now ready to glue, and the next is the glue on and setting up,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Once its put together I use clamps to let the glue dry, once its dry I will trim the edges again on the belt sander nice and smooth so I can sew it up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ok all stitched up, I did this one by hand, I dont like to use the machine when I do overlays plus I can control hand stitching better anyho. skipped passed that Here is a pic of the sheath with the Farm knife and scabbard. and a few with the knife in it and two showing the texture of the Ostrich skin. I hope you guys liked the WIP and the final result
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kiteman72, oldmanwilly and Kismet like this.
  4. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That turned out perfect. Very classy. Santa brought me one of them Farm Knives, I now see first hand what all the hype is about. It's a very cool knife. First one I ever held was at Aunties and my first show and tell. He was a monster, also very cool and I needed a shopping cart to hold everything she showed me that I wanted which of course was everything she showed me. The smaller version is a real user, love everything about it.
    You made a nice home to store it in. Well done.

Kismet likes this.
  5. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Beautiful work brother! As always.

6. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you fellas, it was a cool sheath to make.

7. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    That turned out wonderful! Do you use rubber cement to tack it together? Like I’ve said, I’ve made bible covers but never a holster nor sheath. Also do you use a leather mallet and punch to pierce the leather to lock stitch? I can’t remember all the terminology as it’s been quit a while since I’ve done leather work

8. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank man, I do use a contact cement to glue up the leather, I have to look but I think it’s the weld wood contact cement with the green label, no fumes. I use a stitch spacer and I use a Dremel drill press for the holes, it’s too hard to to try to make the holes with a punch/awl as the welts can be thick. And I do a saddle stitch when hand stitching, it locks the thread nice and tight.

EricTheRedBeard and Kismet like this.
  9. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Very nice Pugs! Thats got to be one of my favorites yet! Like that little Farm Knife too. I bet a micro FK would be cool too!

10. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Pugs, I am a little late to the party. That final product is sexy! Love that black ostrich skin. Very reptilian. I think I have that knife's brother. I sharked one of the Christmas special 13"ers. I've 2 other Farm Knives before and ended up selling them before I ever using them. I deeply regretted that. But now, I am really happy I have a smaller one. They are awesome. I'm not letting it go. Great job on the sheath as usual.

11. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks again fellas, I’m really digging the ostrich leg, as I can’t afford the body leather lol. I will definitely use it again, it has some great textures to it.

George Azar likes this.