You guys use shemaghs?

For something shemagh sized that doesn’t have the traditional shemagh look, I highly recommend the kerchiefs from North x North Co. They’re merino wool and function identical while performing better due to material.
For sure going with the kerchief from this company, though I'd have preferred a double-weight in red or orange. Might have to go with the standard weight.

Zieg

For sure going with the kerchief from this company, though I'd have preferred a double-weight in red or orange. Might have to go with the standard weight.

Zieg
Well, I couldn't make up my mind, so I ordered the standard weight in indigo and red ("flame" on their site). These are going to be great kit, I think. My only concern is how much they will trap loose hay in the barn. They'll be horse hair magnets, but that's to be expected, especially as the beasts are already shedding out. More review when the show up.

Zieg

Well, I couldn't make up my mind, so I ordered the standard weight in indigo and red ("flame" on their site). These are going to be great kit, I think. My only concern is how much they will trap loose hay in the barn. They'll be horse hair magnets, but that's to be expected, especially as the beasts are already shedding out. More review when the show up.

Zieg

Your guys are shedding out? Still snowing around here. Nothing is shedding out yet. Silk wildrags don't have the hair sticking deal:

Wl0Z278.jpg

MelYEe8.jpg

zNZfOzh.jpg

Your guys are shedding out? Still snowing around here. Nothing is shedding out yet. Silk wildrags don't have the hair sticking deal:

Wl0Z278.jpg

MelYEe8.jpg

zNZfOzh.jpg

Lk9SOlZ.jpg

Yeah, they started shedding out early this year, as have all my clients' horses. We're getting a wet snowstorm right now as I type this, so it's not an opportune time for them to be losing their winter coats, but then that's a Colorado Spring for you. Snowstorms and shedding out are the way we roll in the Intermountain West! We know we're in for a real blizzard the moment the daffodils start coming up and the Meadowlarks return, too. Swallows came back last week, just in time for this one. The NWS is calling for a few inches a day for three days or so. As it'll be wet and heavy, we have the generator ready to pick up when the power lines go down.

And I agree, wild rags are the way to go around hay and hair, but I wanted a little more warmth than my silks were giving me.

I like your last pic: A real close-coupled horse with straight hocks and pasterns! QH? Mustang?

Zieg

That’s Spudnik one of my son’s geldings, a reg Quarter. My daughter Smoke there, had borrowed him as her gelding was injured.

I got a couple, green n black & white n black, from Combat Flip Flops!! Good quality, former US military owned and made in Afghanistan! Its a great company and a great cause as well. If they made slides as opposed to flip flops I'd be.all over them. Can't stand anything between my toes!!!!!!

Terrific for black fly season in the Adirondacks. Those friggin bugs are.the worst. In your mouth, nose, ears & eyes too!!! Friggin bastards will drive you nuts!! Shemagh works well against them!!

For something shemagh sized that doesn’t have the traditional shemagh look, I highly recommend the kerchiefs from North x North Co. They’re merino wool and function identical while performing better due to material.
I received my order from them just a few days ago and I'm quite pleased. They are substantial weight but not too heavy (I wanted the heavier weight at first but now I'm glad I didn't go that way--they'd have been too much for year round wear). They have a sort of jersey knit feel and so are slightly stretchy. The finish is smooth and not nubby or loose-woven so hay and hair do not get trapped easily. The merino wool is not itchy at all. Their size makes them useful as a shemagh for sure but also as a simple neck wrap like I'm used to with a wild rag. I recommend these kerchiefs wholeheartedly for anyone who wants a big comfortable swath of smooth, non-irritating wool. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it in the summer.

Zieg

I received my order from them just a few days ago and I'm quite pleased. They are substantial weight but not too heavy (I wanted the heavier weight at first but now I'm glad I didn't go that way--they'd have been too much for year round wear). They have a sort of jersey knit feel and so are slightly stretchy. The finish is smooth and not nubby or loose-woven so hay and hair do not get trapped easily. The merino wool is not itchy at all. Their size makes them useful as a shemagh for sure but also as a simple neck wrap like I'm used to with a wild rag. I recommend these kerchiefs wholeheartedly for anyone who wants a big comfortable swath of smooth, non-irritating wool. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it in the summer.

Zieg
So glad to hear you like it! I’m in no way affiliated with them, but I’ll use their products as long as I live because they’re so damn good! I have multiple sizes and colors and still want more. I keep one of their hand-kerchiefs in my satchel as part of my edc that’s always with me.

So glad to hear you like it! I’m in no way affiliated with them, but I’ll use their products as long as I live because they’re so damn good! I have multiple sizes and colors and still want more. I keep one of their hand-kerchiefs in my satchel as part of my edc that’s always with me.
Satchel, towel, sunglasses, Hitchhiker's Guide. You're set!

Zieg

Back