You know you're a Beckerhead when..........

I'm sure this must have been done before, but here goes:

I work nightshift so woke up at 4pm today. It's now 2am and the family are asleep while I'm still wide awake. I grab a feed and decide to crack open a beer. Now most Aussie beers come with screw top caps, but all I have in the fridge is a six-pack of German beers courtesy of a happy customer at work and it requires a bottle opener to access the liquid gold inside.

I take a bottle out of the fridge and place it on the kitchen bench, right above a drawer that I know contains a bottle opener. I also carry an SAK in my pocket which would also do the job. But no, I creep into the bedroom, to my work bag that sits beside the bed, quietly unzip the front pocket and take out my BK-11, return to the kitchen and open the beer with aforementioned Becker.

So to my question: when have you foregone tools that were closer, purpose made, more convenient or whatever, and gone out of your way to use your Becker instead?

Whenever I can. My 11's (MJ's) bottle opener has seen quite a bit of use.
BTW- the glass bottle Mexican Coca-Colas are much better than the American ones.

I've done stuff like that.

The other day my wife was making lunch and she hands me a kitchen knife to cut the sandwich, and I say "Wait a minute let me go get a better knife" and I come back with a BK-5/

:D

You KNOW your a BeckerHead when: darn near every question you answer on the General Forum is: BK&T BK whatever.

Whenever I can I guess. My Eskabar, which I'd definetly like to get more use from is actually pretty screwed up since I tried to put a convex edge on it without fully understanding what a convex edge realy is! So yeah, how useful is a knife that cant cut? By the way ozgooner, you took the BH number I wanted AND your the first Australian? Damn, give me a break mate lol.

Whenever I can I guess. My Eskabar, which I'd definetly like to get more use from is actually pretty screwed up since I tried to put a convex edge on it without fully understanding what a convex edge realy is! So yeah, how useful is a knife that cant cut? By the way ozgooner, you took the BH number I wanted AND your the first Australian? Damn, give me a break mate lol.

Sorry to hear that man, If you need some advice you should start a new thread regarding it. I am sure there are plenty of guys that could give you some tips to get you up and running. I am not expert but I can give you some pointers as well.

Regarding the origonal post: Lately I just leave my 14 in the kitchen because I just love to use it so much. Are there more effective knives in the kitchen for the job.....yeah but are they a becker....no. Why not have some fun :)

I keep a BK5, in its sheath, in the one drawer in the kitchen that is "mine." It's overkilled some PB&Js. I take it out of the sheath first.

When you hear "Now that's a knife" a lot. (people imitating Mick Dundee) Usually at the sight of the 9.

Either that or they back up a few paces and give you a funny look, like ... DUDE ? :D

Last edited:
- You want to sharpen your knife after an outing, but it still is pretty much shaving sharp.

- Your wife has given up on keeping track of how many you currently own.

- You split your firewood with a knife and take pictures instead of using the splitting axe leaning off to the side.

When you lay in bed with the TV and all lights off using just a flashlight so you can get one last look at your favorite Beckers before closing your eyes while you attempt to fall asleep.
Not that I've done that of course!!:rolleyes::eek:

Today while replacing the thermostat, waterpump and belts on the old bimmer..instead of me loosening the pulley to take the worn belts off..I cut them off, then decided it was time for a Corona after I was done, so my bk11 helped me repair my car and saved my life by quenching my thirst by opening my beer(s). What more could you ask for?

food tastes better when cut by a Becker

This is true. Even more so when the meat in question was killed by a Becker, dressed by a Becker, butchered by a Becker, and then cut into delightful bite sized portions by a Becker.

You've spent the last several hours celebrating your recently bestowed title just tooling around BladeForums while neglecting ALL of your other responsibilities...

You've spent the last several hours celebrating your recently bestowed title just tooling around BladeForums while neglecting ALL of your other responsibilities...
there's an easy solution to that :)

You bumped a thread that was dormant for just over 12 years and I'm here for it. Very entertaining!

You know you’re a Beckerhead when you’re sitting around in your living room streaming a movie (the new Road House) on a Thursday evening and you have a random Becker (BK5) resting on your Ottoman just for the hell of it.

Back