You might have too many Busse' if.....

Good to keep records of expensive items. Especially those that your average layman would have difficulty deciding their value.

This is why my will is specific....and they are insured :D
This ---^
NMFBM LE #119 is goin' in the ground with me. Everything else is in an Excel sheet on two thumb drives. One in my stuff the other in a fire safe, and just in case, a third copy of my knives spreadsheet is on my google drive, and my wife is my "Inactive Account Manager" contact person so she gets a third shot at it.

I also told her to come here, buy a gold membership, and ask you guys for help with prices. Oh, and I did warn her there are a few 'Bastids round here that will offer her $50 to dispose of that obviously fake and crappy short Butaniku I have... :eek::p:D

This ---^
NMFBM LE #119 is goin' in the ground with me. In some future tomb discovery history show you will be spoken about as a great warrior commander!

Oh, and I did warn her there are a few 'Bastids round here that will offer her $50 to dispose of that obviously fake and crappy short Butaniku I have... :eek::p:D
Hey, this group is always willing to help with fake disposal because we are selfless, caring brothers of the steel.

That is some scary sht GK! but yeah man, we all need to make a list LOL!
I remembered this subject came up a few years ago, and there were a couple good ideas like making a list (spreadsheet) and using tags to identify the knives; below are 2 posts from that thread.

Each knife could be numbered on the tag, and then that number could be put on a spreadsheet with more descriptive info such as: "Busse Straight Handle Battle Mistress (SHBM) 1 of 300 with a clip point. Value as of date ______ ~= $900". Sheaths stored separately could have the same tag # as the knife, so they get matched properly. If the list is updated each year, values should be fairly current. BE SURE TO KEEP A CURRENT COPY OF THE LIST WITH THE KNIVES!

On a side note, if there is any chance of divorce, do NOT give your wife/girlfriend a detailed list of your stuff with the value of each item; if you do, your wife's divorce lawyer will love you (and take half the value from you)!

Lesson I learned from this is; as I make a sheath/holster with/for my knives/guns, I am putting a tag on them with what it is (name of the knife/gun) and what the value is at that time.
If they change a bunch I will up date them.
A spread sheet is a nice back up but a tangible tag I find will help out when the time comes.
Grim subject but one we do have to look at.
Hope that helps.
David

I like David Brown's idea. little paper price tags with string are pretty cheap in bulk, and won't harm the knife. Name one one side, Orig. price & FMV on the other, and hanging on the knife or sheath. Also, probably good to have...group shot images printed out on paper with combo description and other known details on the back, filed away. Low tech, I dig it. Maybe high tech it for backup on Google Drive or something similar, then available to you wherever you are. I had records...til I lost my HDD (complete physical failure) on an older computer. :( Now it's all in the head as to what it's worth or where I can find out. That won't do for someone else if need be to sell them/gift them, whatever.
Good to think about... :thumbup: Planning never hurts. :)

I go through guns, knives, etc. every year and update values. I make 3 copies. 1 goes in the safe, 1 goes to my accountant, and 1 goes to a trusted friend that I know will look out for the best interest of my family if need be.
Keeping up to date records also made it easier to get insurance riders for all of my toys.

Garth

I must say that we are moving and it took five moving boxes to pack them up....... Thinking I need a bigger safe!

I
I go through guns, knives, etc. every year and update values. I make 3 copies. 1 goes in the safe, 1 goes to my accountant, and 1 goes to a trusted friend that I know will look out for the best interest of my family if need be.
Keeping up to date records also made it easier to get insurance riders for all of my toys.

Garth
I have to do something similar. When my grandmother was moved to a nursing home, my aunts and uncles tore through her house and sold everything at a yard sale. For example. 50 cents for a paperback, a buck for a hardback. The books were my grandfathers, he was born in 1855, they were all special ordered leather bound gold leafed books he ordered from door to door salesmen. I tried really hard to talk them out of selling the Alice in Wonderland, and the Huck Finn. I wasn't old enough to win the fight at the time, and I didn't know many of the other books. The Alice in Wonderland sold at auction 5 years ago for $40k. Pretty tragic.

If I go, my stuff will be treated the same way if I don't do what you do.

Once you have more than a Baker's Dozen of any model there probably needs to be some questions asked....... ;) :D Not that I know ANYONE who would have any such thing....
Either Aussies (god knows you guys have words we've never even though of) still use that expression, or you just dated yourself. ;)

Ag2Nc4y.jpg

there just might be some more since pic was taken...

Either Aussies (god knows you guys have words we've never even though of) still use that expression, or you just dated yourself. ;)
....still use it....I am only 21..... ;) :) :D

THERE
IS
NO
SUCH
THING
!!!!!!!!
.....probably what he said..!!

BTW Elof..... I have been driving around with your Rat in my car for the past week "just in case" I saw you. let me know if you are near work next week (today is a loss) as I am off the weekend and on until Wednesday.

....still use it....I am only 21..... ;) :) :D

.....probably what he said..!!

BTW Elof..... I have been driving around with your Rat in my car for the past week "just in case" I saw you. let me know if you are near work next week (today is a loss) as I am off the weekend and on until Wednesday.
I have only heard my mom an people from her part of the country use it. She's 83. Maybe I'm just sheltered though. I really don't talk to many people anymore.

There will be some 13 year olds using baker’s dozen those days... it’s a named gun in Division 2 video game... but they might not actually know what it means...

Last edited:
Thick?
I thought they only came out once and at roughly the same dimensions

Back