You might have too many Busse' if.....

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Leonardo63, Oct 8, 2020.

1. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Good to keep records of expensive items. Especially those that your average layman would have difficulty deciding their value.

2. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    This ---^
    NMFBM LE #119 is goin' in the ground with me. Everything else is in an Excel sheet on two thumb drives. One in my stuff the other in a fire safe, and just in case, a third copy of my knives spreadsheet is on my google drive, and my wife is my "Inactive Account Manager" contact person so she gets a third shot at it.

I also told her to come here, buy a gold membership, and ask you guys for help with prices. Oh, and I did warn her there are a few 'Bastids round here that will offer her $50 to dispose of that obviously fake and crappy short Butaniku I have... :eek::p:D

tuica likes this.
  3. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Hey, this group is always willing to help with fake disposal because we are selfless, caring brothers of the steel.

lmcq784, evltcat and tuica like this.
  4. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I remembered this subject came up a few years ago, and there were a couple good ideas like making a list (spreadsheet) and using tags to identify the knives; below are 2 posts from that thread.

Each knife could be numbered on the tag, and then that number could be put on a spreadsheet with more descriptive info such as: "Busse Straight Handle Battle Mistress (SHBM) 1 of 300 with a clip point. Value as of date ______ ~= $900". Sheaths stored separately could have the same tag # as the knife, so they get matched properly. If the list is updated each year, values should be fairly current. BE SURE TO KEEP A CURRENT COPY OF THE LIST WITH THE KNIVES!

On a side note, if there is any chance of divorce, do NOT give your wife/girlfriend a detailed list of your stuff with the value of each item; if you do, your wife's divorce lawyer will love you (and take half the value from you)!

5. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    I go through guns, knives, etc. every year and update values. I make 3 copies. 1 goes in the safe, 1 goes to my accountant, and 1 goes to a trusted friend that I know will look out for the best interest of my family if need be.
    Keeping up to date records also made it easier to get insurance riders for all of my toys.

Garth

Winston_Smith and tuica like this.
  6. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    I must say that we are moving and it took five moving boxes to pack them up....... Thinking I need a bigger safe!