You think US laws regarding knives are bad?

Lol. Seriously. If laws were like that here I think I'd just go ahead and break them. Because what if some criminal has a gun and just starts killing people? Like in az a few months ago. And that nut case doesn't care wether the gun is legal or not. So he's gonna bring it down town and rob a bank with it. But all the little goody goodies can't do nothin about it. Why? Because they don't have a gun, cuz they actually cared that it was illegal.

Yeah, happy I moved out of Denmark.. Sadly I then had to move to a city in the US where NO sharp object is allowed on your person, even going to or from activities that require it (like job, hobby, etc.) Luckily cops here don't know the law and/or don't enforce it.

As far as the fine goes in Denmark, its now ~$2000 + a possible 90 days in jail for owning(!) any knife that can be opened with one hand, or carrying a knife that can be locked open (outside permissible activities) or is over a certain size.

There are also other weird rules, a friend of mine got a rather large fine for importing a small knife simply because it came with a sheath that could hang around his neck. The knife itself was legal for hobby use. He planned to use it for fishing trips.

I do have to correct you on hand guns: Danes are in fact allowed to own a hand gun or rifle without being a hunter, if they have been associated with a shooting range / gun club for a number of years. They are still not allowed to carry their weapon or use it outside the range (even for self defense).

Back