You-Tube Comparison Benchmade Anthem vs. Sebenza

Comparing a Benchmade to a CRK is total Bravo Sierra imho.;)
const.gif

True, I like some Benchmades. ;)

I would like to note one thing. Where he states the smoothness of crk bushings as opposed to bearings, that is a misnomer, bushings are a different feel but have way more drag, never as smooth.
In every industry where reduced friction is a necessity they use bearings, more efficient and less drag in every application. We graduated as a mechanized society from bushings long ago, the knife industry is playing catch up but I doubt crk ever will.
Sealed bearing are the next leap for folding knives, won't be long.
When you say “bushings”, don’t you really mean to say “washers”? There’s a critical difference between the two and you damage the facade of mechanical expertise by using the terms incorrectly.

I hate the Anthem in comparison to the sebenza. The handle is just bad on it overall. And pocket clip is a penis. Not to mention they botched the qc on a lot of anthems. Good blade but made a horrible handle. I think that if they didn't chamfer the bottom edge of it, it may have been a better handle. It just makes it too slim and awkward to use, and even more awkward to go from a use grip to a grip closing it. Just awful. Most fan boys don't say anything negative so you see alot of praise for this model. I found it disappointing especially with the nice blade geometry. Bearings were not smooth either. Not to mention dealer costs are 250.. And they are going for around 400 give or take.... Yikes that's alot of markup in this product.

If you see or hear it on the internet/social media you know it has to be true, yeah right!

I hate the Anthem in comparison to the sebenza. The handle is just bad on it overall. And pocket clip is a penis. Not to mention they botched the qc on a lot of anthems. Good blade but made a horrible handle. I think that if they didn't chamfer the bottom edge of it, it may have been a better handle. It just makes it too slim and awkward to use, and even more awkward to go from a use grip to a grip closing it. Just awful. Most fan boys don't say anything negative so you see alot of praise for this model. I found it disappointing especially with the nice blade geometry. Bearings were not smooth either. Not to mention dealer costs are 250.. And they are going for around 400 give or take.... Yikes that's alot of markup in this product.

Agreed completely, I was majorly unimpressed with the Anthem altogether. I wanted to like it, but it wasn't to be.

After trying a couple of non-AXIS lock Benchmade folders I decided I'd just stick with the AXIS ones if I felt the need to buy any more Benchmades, but between the MAP pricing changes that made them a much worse deal and other odds and ends I don't see myself stocking up on any more Benchmades anyway.

I’ll speak up for the silently indifferent. I’m very neutral on the Anthem. The samples I’ve handled have all been smooth, well built, etc. I haven’t checked the grinds closely, so I can’t speak to that. It felt too short in terms of handle height (not length) to me, so it felt like a toothpick in my hands. That left me shrugging and thinking it’s an OK knife for someone else. I didn’t and don’t feel strongly about it one way or the other.

Back