You-Tube Comparison Benchmade Anthem vs. Sebenza

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jazz123, Apr 5, 2019.

1. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    True, I like some Benchmades. ;)

2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    When you say “bushings”, don’t you really mean to say “washers”? There’s a critical difference between the two and you damage the facade of mechanical expertise by using the terms incorrectly.

Quiet, Reitwagen and Tigerfan like this.
  3. CoryMc

CoryMc Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 3, 2016
    He won’t be responding here or anywhere on BF until he creates his third account. 9797C1E9-77EF-4BE6-B09A-8D599A61BA80.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    craytab and Mo2 like this.
  4. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Thanks Greg,you gave me a good idea.:thumbsup::cool:

5. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    I hate the Anthem in comparison to the sebenza. The handle is just bad on it overall. And pocket clip is a penis. Not to mention they botched the qc on a lot of anthems. Good blade but made a horrible handle. I think that if they didn't chamfer the bottom edge of it, it may have been a better handle. It just makes it too slim and awkward to use, and even more awkward to go from a use grip to a grip closing it. Just awful. Most fan boys don't say anything negative so you see alot of praise for this model. I found it disappointing especially with the nice blade geometry. Bearings were not smooth either. Not to mention dealer costs are 250.. And they are going for around 400 give or take.... Yikes that's alot of markup in this product.

lzeplin, evilgreg and 4mer_FMF like this.
  6. Whitedog

Whitedog

Dec 30, 2005
    If you see or hear it on the internet/social media you know it has to be true, yeah right!

7. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Agreed completely, I was majorly unimpressed with the Anthem altogether. I wanted to like it, but it wasn't to be.

After trying a couple of non-AXIS lock Benchmade folders I decided I'd just stick with the AXIS ones if I felt the need to buy any more Benchmades, but between the MAP pricing changes that made them a much worse deal and other odds and ends I don't see myself stocking up on any more Benchmades anyway.

8. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    I’ll speak up for the silently indifferent. I’m very neutral on the Anthem. The samples I’ve handled have all been smooth, well built, etc. I haven’t checked the grinds closely, so I can’t speak to that. It felt too short in terms of handle height (not length) to me, so it felt like a toothpick in my hands. That left me shrugging and thinking it’s an OK knife for someone else. I didn’t and don’t feel strongly about it one way or the other.