Your best knife pic of the week!

Still trying to get the hang of photographing knives, but I seem to be partial to this angle lately. These are probably my favorite from this week, not necessarily because they’re great shots...but because they show how the knives look most of the time in typical lighting scenarios. It’s not always easy to capture the slight color nuances. Hope that kinda makes sense.
acpXsaN.jpg
o6gYGae.jpg
5c3wxj4.jpg

Still trying to get the hang of photographing knives, but I seem to be partial to this angle lately. These are probably my favorite from this week, not necessarily because they’re great shots...but because they show how the knives look most of the time in typical lighting scenarios. It’s not always easy to capture the slight color nuances. Hope that kinda makes sense.
acpXsaN.jpg
o6gYGae.jpg
5c3wxj4.jpg

stop down

I really like the items I've gotten from NR over the years, the two knives pictured and a couple of axes.
Out of all the knives I own the 4" hunter is by far the most comfortable in my hand, most notably the weight.

I have a Kephart that feels good, and I really like the camp knife. I would love to get a friction folder. I need to get a good sharpened edge on them, as they came with a semi sharp edge.

View attachment 1476143

The NR camp is the first on the right.

Nice, they all look like solid usable tools.
My NR blades came with a decent edge on them, I was able to improve them a bit without a lot of difficulty.
The bowie is 01 and the smaller hunter is 1095.

My hand axe has the same unfinished look like your camp knife.
grKauEM.jpg

I added the leather wrap to this and the bowie, really made a difference to the grip on both, much more comfortable.
Learned how to do this when adding a leather wrap on a lever action rifle.

the camera lens gets more crispy when stopped down: f8-f11, depth of field is also wider

Thanks for the tip. I use my iPhone to take pics. Admittedly, there are quite a few settings that I haven’t got a clue how to use. I’ll have to ask my son-in-law if that’s an available option, and if so I’ll play around with it.

As a brief aside.....a few years ago I bought a Nikon dslr kit for an Alaska cruise. I took the photography classes offered on the ship, but still found myself using the full “auto” modes for every excursion. I’ve always regretted not learning how to use it properly; and I keep swearing that each passing year will be the year I master it.

Lol, once again it’s in my “Top 5 Resolutions” for the new year. Guess it’s time to dust off the equipment.

Back