Your Celebrity encounters!

Forgot to add blues great Bo Diddley. He lives not too far from me and spent some time in the hospital I work at.

For me:

Peter Falk (Very nice but he honestly looked like a bum.)
A lot of band people as I work security in a club.
I almost puched the singer from Seether (Kind of wish I had now...)
Tera Patrick (I had no idea who she was, I was like, why is that girl up on stage with the band?)
Talked to James Earl Jones on the telephone. (Awesome!!!)
And a bunch of others that are escaping me right now.

George Bush Sr. at Ellington Field AFB back in '88 when he was president-elect

Sam Hoger "The Alaskan Assassin" UFC fighter who got caught stealing everyones UFC clothing on the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" (I didn't bring it up:D) Nice guy though, he was at a local sports bar promoting some no-name MMA fight organization.

Professional wrestler Booker T/King Booker getting his oil changed at a local quickie lube, he has a house in Friendswood, TX and a really sweet Camaro. I noticed he had a bad case of the chicken legs but once again I didn't bring it up:D

Among many others, I met the following celebrities while working in my youth at various hotels:

John Denver
Whitney Houston
Jody Watley
Ratt
Huey Lewis
Luther Vandross
Bob Seger
The Stray Cats

John Denver was the best. Very humble, average, down-to-earth guy. Always prefaced every request with "could you do me a favor?" or "would you mind?" The man made you forget he was a celebrity in the first five minutes. Amazing. He actually hung around the front desk talking to us for almost 45 minutes.

Whitney was an industrial strength be-atch. Very stuck up, demanding, and rude. I actually got cursed out by her - undeservedly so. Long story.

Ratt were pricks.

Huey Lewis was....weird. That's all there is to say.

Luther had some seriously FINE women in his entourage. Barely noticed him because of them. :D

Bob was a complete corksucker. Got a girl fired because she dared to ask for his autograph. Whined to management about how he was there to escape all that.

My main memory of Brian Setzer from the Stray Cats is of his being down in the bar stone drunk and flicking pickles at the other patrons. (LOL)

But my favorite celebrity encounter of all time was meeting George Takei and James Doohan. I was about eight or nine years old when my parents and I drove to an hotel in Washington, D.C. to pick up my elder sister who was there for a Star Trek convention, however she wasn't at the rendezvous spot and we broke into two teams to conduct a search. My mother and I chanced the restaurant and to my surprise there were Scotty and Sulu having dinner together.

We walked over, said hello, and talked with them for awhile. They were nice as could be and not having any paper handy, Scotty grabbed a napkin and they both signed it for me. Too bad they didn't have digital cameras back then. The only downside of the story is that my mother put away the napkin so I wouldn't lose it and promptly forgot where it was. It's still MIA. :(

Wayne Gretzky and Janet Jones

Mary Hart of Entertainment Tonight (she asked me if I was a pro football player, and like a dumb shit I told the truth and said no)

Charlie Becker (Mayor of Munchkin City in Wizard of Oz)

Back