1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your choice for your 31

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Therom, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Plain Jain

39 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Inlay

58 vote(s)
    59.8%
  1. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Just for fun, what will you order, plain Jain or inkay sebenza 31?

loon#r likes this.
  2. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    Koa with Boomerang? Heck yeah!!!

3. awd_xtc

awd_xtc

Jan 25, 2015
    I'll wait for the knifeart.com carbon fiber insingo

kendoshelton, abbazaba and Honed_Edge like this.
  4. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I voted Plain Jane. I like the double strip inlays on the current Sebenzas & Inkozis, but I'm not really a fan of the one piece inlays on the 31s. Maybe they'll grow on me. I dunno.

sgt244 likes this.
  5. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I’m on the fence but leaning towards inlay. Possibly bog oak or wait for a new wood inlay.

6. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Left handed micarta inlay of course.

gunspease likes this.
  7. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE Gold Member

Sep 17, 2006
    I wonder if they'll do something like the anodized crosshatch with the 31. I'd get that.

JITDC and Therom like this.
  8. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Natural canvas Micarta with gold goodies and double thumb studs for me :thumbsup:

9. 416isToronto

416isToronto Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Yup...the one piece inlay is going to take some getting used to...maybe it will be better in hand, but I prefer the look of the 21 inlays.

sgt244 likes this.
  10. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    Wood inlay. I wanted CR to bring back the wood inlay annuals and I will settle for a 31. Within the next year, I expect to order one.

Therom likes this.
  11. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Probably a UG I want Made. They will not do a 21, even though their site would not allow me to upload pics of what I wanted on the last day they were available. Really don’t care for the changes made on the 31. They will also no longer allow you to buy just a scale so you can put it on another like they used too. So if I had to guess how, that UG.

12. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Last week I ordered a small lunar landing and a small plain with boom damascus directly from CRK. As soon as a damascus and ebony are offered thru a dealer I’ll grab one of each.

Curl of the Burl likes this.
  13. TTTis

TTTis Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Going to see what the Starbenza's look like. I'd assume they will just keep the same 21 pattern, but I'm hoping they modify it like the 25's pattern. Tighter pattern, looks a bit better I think.

14. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Micarta inlay first, Lunar Landing second and boomerang Box Elder Burl third.

loon#r and Therom like this.
  15. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I already ordered a big oak version, thinking about adding an ebony also:thumbsup:

loon#r likes this.
  16. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I ordered a small pj with double thumb lugs the day they were available. Unfortunately my experience is that I can get it from a dealer sooner though. If that happens I’ll do that and cancel the order.

loon#r and Curl of the Burl like this.
  17. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'll get a plain jane or micarta.

Curl of the Burl and Therom like this.
  18. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I have a lunar landing ordered.

loon#r likes this.
  19. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    PJ as I don't yet like the one piece inlay.

20. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Large micarta inlay to start with for me. I ordered one direct from CRK. I am good with the 6 month wait. It should give me time to save up some money for the knife.