Your choice for your 31

How will you like your sebenza 31?

• Plain Jain

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Inlay

Votes: 65 60.2%

• Total voters
Whatever I get will be bought from a dealer, as I want to see the graphics or inlays I'm getting. The possible exception to that is a small Lunar Landing to go with my large. Just like I have CGG Freedom in both Classic and 21, I want the LL in both 21 and 31.

Large micarta inlay to start with for me. I ordered one direct from CRK. I am good with the 6 month wait. It should give me time to save up some money for the knife.
That’s one good thing about CRK pre-order waiting times. At least you have some time to get ready to fund the upcoming purchase, so when your number finally comes up buying the knife is a lot less wallet-punishing than if you were unprepared.

I think one of the 31s would look awesome with some snakeskin micarta....probably never happen so I will wait for ksf to get maroon linen in stock.

The micarta 31 I saw at Blade was a very light color, almost-but-not-quite yellowish. ;) The Macassar ebony, however, looked pretty darn good, but in the case of the wood inlays, I’d prefer to see the one I buy ahead of time, especially because it’s more of a slab than a strip, and the variations in wood grain can make a bigger difference.

Still contemplating a Lunar Landing, but I’m finding it hard to commit. :rolleyes: Will probably choose a WC when it’s all said and done.

I love CRK and I have...errrr...too many CRK knives, but if I could only keep one knife it would be my large Sebenza 21 with black micarta inlays. But the introduction of the 31 is making me want to add some additional 21s to the collection, which is probably the opposite of the intent. I’m sure I will buy a 31 and get used to the one piece inlay, but right now I’m struggling and mourning the discontinuation of the 21. So I guess will go PJ with the 31. Is anyone else having this problem?

Unsure as I don’t like the ceramic ball lockup. Kick myself in the butt for not ordering a specific 21 UG that I have wanted. Now only option is the 31.

Hopefully the micarta will be more blonde. The natural was too brown for me right from the start. I might sell my natural micarta Inkosi for the red and get the new natural 31 micarta.

Hopefully the micarta will be more blonde. The natural was too brown for me right from the start. I might sell my natural micarta Inkosi for the red and get the new natural 31 micarta.
The “natural” Micarta is just that. It is not coloured or dyed. It’s just the colour of the resin and the linen, which tends to be light brownish once the haze created by the bead blasting wears off.

I like it myself, but if you don’t like it on the Inkosi, I doubt you’ll like it on the 31.

The “natural” Micarta is just that. It is not coloured or dyed. It’s just the colour of the resin and the linen, which tends to be light brownish once the haze created by the bead blasting wears off.

I like it myself, but if you don’t like it on the Inkosi, I doubt you’ll like it on the 31.
Bummer. In that case I’ll go with the red and black.

Bummer. In that case I’ll go with the red and black.
Loon....you might want to check out the pics of the canvas micarta 31’s on the CRK website. The natural micarta shown in those pictures matches the one I saw at Blade a couple weeks ago. There’s less of a brown color in these and more of a bone color.

Loon....you might want to check out the pics of the canvas micarta 31’s on the CRK website. The natural micarta shown in those pictures matches the one I saw at Blade a couple weeks ago. There’s less of a brown color in these and more of a bone color.

Typically that’s from the bead blasting, which is the same reason the black micarta, which is black as black, looks grey until it’s handled.

CRK likely only uses one version of natural Micarta. “Natural” is typically a description, not a colour.

The suppliers version they use on the Nyala, which is waxed and not bead-blasted, likely represents what the 31 inlays will look like once they get handled and the oils from your hand take away the “dusty” look.

I could be wrong, but I would hesitate if you truly do not like the look it colour of the Nyala handles, or the handles of the Inkosi.

I like the old annuals but can't really afford one so I'll pick up a wood inlayed at some point in the next 18 months

I like the looks of the black micarta and will get a wood inlay as well.

Back