Your choice for your 31

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Therom, Jun 14, 2019.

How will you like your sebenza 31?

1. Plain Jain

39 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Inlay

59 vote(s)
    60.2%
  1. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Whatever I get will be bought from a dealer, as I want to see the graphics or inlays I'm getting. The possible exception to that is a small Lunar Landing to go with my large. Just like I have CGG Freedom in both Classic and 21, I want the LL in both 21 and 31.

loon#r likes this.
  2. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    This and I would love a knifeart lefty carbon.

Ajack60 likes this.
  3. garciajr

garciajr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Placed an order yesterday - small plain Jane with raindrop Damascus!

loon#r likes this.
  4. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    That’s one good thing about CRK pre-order waiting times. At least you have some time to get ready to fund the upcoming purchase, so when your number finally comes up buying the knife is a lot less wallet-punishing than if you were unprepared.

Kalsu and Lady1911 like this.
  5. jwh720

jwh720 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I think one of the 31s would look awesome with some snakeskin micarta....probably never happen so I will wait for ksf to get maroon linen in stock.

cashville, 4mer_FMF and KCDR like this.
  6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    The micarta 31 I saw at Blade was a very light color, almost-but-not-quite yellowish. ;) The Macassar ebony, however, looked pretty darn good, but in the case of the wood inlays, I’d prefer to see the one I buy ahead of time, especially because it’s more of a slab than a strip, and the variations in wood grain can make a bigger difference.

Still contemplating a Lunar Landing, but I’m finding it hard to commit. :rolleyes: Will probably choose a WC when it’s all said and done.

loon#r likes this.
  7. ex Vento

ex Vento

May 30, 2008
    PJ Insingo:)

8. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    I love CRK and I have...errrr...too many CRK knives, but if I could only keep one knife it would be my large Sebenza 21 with black micarta inlays. But the introduction of the 31 is making me want to add some additional 21s to the collection, which is probably the opposite of the intent. I’m sure I will buy a 31 and get used to the one piece inlay, but right now I’m struggling and mourning the discontinuation of the 21. So I guess will go PJ with the 31. Is anyone else having this problem?

9. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Unsure as I don’t like the ceramic ball lockup. Kick myself in the butt for not ordering a specific 21 UG that I have wanted. Now only option is the 31.

loon#r and DCFree like this.
  10. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    No thanks,will stick with my 21 and regular.

11. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hopefully the micarta will be more blonde. The natural was too brown for me right from the start. I might sell my natural micarta Inkosi for the red and get the new natural 31 micarta.

12. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    The “natural” Micarta is just that. It is not coloured or dyed. It’s just the colour of the resin and the linen, which tends to be light brownish once the haze created by the bead blasting wears off.

I like it myself, but if you don’t like it on the Inkosi, I doubt you’ll like it on the 31.

13. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Bummer. In that case I’ll go with the red and black.

14. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Loon....you might want to check out the pics of the canvas micarta 31’s on the CRK website. The natural micarta shown in those pictures matches the one I saw at Blade a couple weeks ago. There’s less of a brown color in these and more of a bone color.

loon#r likes this.
  15. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    Typically that’s from the bead blasting, which is the same reason the black micarta, which is black as black, looks grey until it’s handled.

CRK likely only uses one version of natural Micarta. “Natural” is typically a description, not a colour.

The suppliers version they use on the Nyala, which is waxed and not bead-blasted, likely represents what the 31 inlays will look like once they get handled and the oils from your hand take away the “dusty” look.

I could be wrong, but I would hesitate if you truly do not like the look it colour of the Nyala handles, or the handles of the Inkosi.

7east, loon#r and JohnM like this.
  16. JITDC

JITDC Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2013
    put in an order for a small double lug box elder.

17. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    PJ first, then natural micarta.
    Can't wait.

18. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    I like the old annuals but can't really afford one so I'll pick up a wood inlayed at some point in the next 18 months

19. Argle

Argle Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I like the looks of the black micarta and will get a wood inlay as well.

20. craniotes

craniotes Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Small black micarta – ordered on the first day.

And now the wait...

Regards,
    Adam