Your CPK grail

I was wondering if people had a CPK grail knife they were trying to buy?
In my case it would be simple, I’m looking for a tough chopper with a 10 inch blade max so the MC is what I dream about
What about you?

Keffeler Cutter (KC) is my dream knoife

I need more than one of these, in pietersite!

NOTE: 10" blade, tip to guard, Westinghouse Micarta interframe insets

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had at least 2 examples of every pattern Nathan has made and my current most used and basically grail I couldn’t be without is my edge cut vintage micarta (ECVM) handled racing light chopper (RLC).

Long ago I acquired a proto RLC from Lorien, but he got sentimental and wanted it back. I didn’t really want to give it up. But I felt all guilty about him wanting to rebuild his group of protos and I realized how it must be for him, as his work with CPK is so successful and how much that must mean to him on a personal level. So one day I boxed it up and sent it back home to him unannounced as a gift.

I asked Nathan and Jo if they would
be willing to make me a RLC as I did want to have one and to my surprise not only did they agree to make one, they gifted it to me.

It has served me very well in every use and I wouldn’t give it up. Combined with how it came to be, can’t ask for more than that. She has the first Randall style pancake sheath which was custom Sagewood that Brian did for it before he agreed to make it a standard offering.

If I am being honest, my ECVM FK is a damn close second, wood handles examples up there as well. But they don’t have as good of a good story.

So far I have owned a skinner, A2 field knife, gave my Mom a potato knife, gave my son a delta 3v Edc1, EDC1 delta 3v,Edc1 D2, Edc1 4v, A2shiv, Lc delta 3v, Lc 4v, Hdfc delta 3v,pre ordered, BC delta 3v, they are all grails in their own way. Nathan uses the best steel, the best heat treat for each design and purpose. Each one is grail to someone, not to mention all the different types of handle materials all of us lust after, right Justin? And yes, someone needs to come with a sticky of acronyms so we can keep up with all of Nathan's knives.

Back