Your current top 3 on the list

Just bought the reate jack, it was worth the wait. together with the Thornburn i've acquired a few month back, i'm 2 out of 3 so far:), still 2 month to go till the year ends. I'll come back later for my top 3 picks for 2019!
its probably too early to have a top 3 list since we don't know whats available in 2019 yet, but I've been rather impressed by Retae, so i'll go for
1. Reate Lambert Augustus or crossroad
2. WE Tyche
3. More south African customs, always like Herucus Blumerus knife, maybe 2019 is the year i finally cope one.

1. Case canoe, amber bone, CV blades with the Indian in a canoe etched on the main blade.
2. Buck 110.
3. Rosewood lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son Ltd, Sheffield, England.

I admit this is cheating. These are the three knives I know I'm getting soon because I've already ordered them. Looking forward to all of them:
1. Burger EXK Plus custom
2. Skaha II with carbon fiber
3. Boos Blades Hound

1. Condor Engineer Bolo
2. Condor Golok Machete
3. Condor Yoshimi <-- sold out everywhere, pre-ordered it, Condor just needs to hurry the f-up and produce more

Last edited:
I’m changing my list;

Isham Abstruse cf linerlock front flipper:
SHAM-BLADEWORKS-ABSTRUSE-gear-patrol-full-lead-2.jpg

Real Steel Poltergeist Knifeworks collab, The Control:
rl7210$01-real-steel.jpg

And when it comes out MonteryBay knives Laconico ezc:
_MG_9383_preview.jpg

However I would drop any of them if a new version (2014) HD7 came up available and eventually I will get another Shamwari too.

Actually this list is slightly dishonest as the abstruse is the only one I will 100% get even if I have to sell a kidney. The HD7s almost never come up and the Shamwari is very expensive. Really HD7, Shamwari and Abstruse are the only knives I will 100% get no matter if I have to sell BOTH kidneys.

I’m changing my list;

rl7210$01-real-steel.jpg

_MG_9383_preview.jpg

However I would drop any of them if a new version (2014) HD7 came up available and eventually I will get another Shamwari too.

Actually this list is slightly dishonest as the abstruse is the only one I will 100% get even if I have to sell a kidney. The HD7s almost never come up and the Shamwari is very expensive. Really HD7, Shamwari and Abstruse are the only knives I will 100% get no matter if I have to sell BOTH kidneys.

Those are all on my radar. The EZC is a must. Alliance should be shipping their EZE next month, too.

I’m changing my list;

rl7210$01-real-steel.jpg

_MG_9383_preview.jpg

I’m very interested in the Abstruse. I can’t pull the trigger on it without something more than the photos to go by, to feel confident that such a unique design will feel right in hand. Maybe I lack imagination — but Isham sure doesn’t.

I’m very interested in the Abstruse. I can’t pull the trigger on it without something more than the photos to go by, to feel confident that such a unique design will feel right in hand. Maybe I lack imagination — but Isham sure doesn’t.

Here’s a few little videos. Typically I prefer framelocks but this cf linerlock version is supposed to be designed to be exceptionally light. I tend to like linerlocks with nested scales when I do go linerlock. Sadly the framelock is only full ti....if they had a framelock with a cf front scale I might be tempted by that.

Blade is supposed to be about 3 inches. They are being made by Bestech I believe.

Fun question.

Opinel #7 Carbon:
opinel-carbon-steel-beech-satin-no-7.jpg

Boker Plus Tech Tool #3, with the green scales, if I can still find it:
boker-01bo803-cm.jpg

Spydiechef, because I like to cook and with this knife, my wife and kids won't mess it up.
Spyderco-SpydieChef-Gray-Ti-C211TIP-BHQ-36436-jr-2.jpg

Maybe more importantly than the knives is a Ken Onion Worksharp. After watching the videos on it, it is just the thing for me to get some use out of my cheaper knives that have been sitting for years (decades, for some of them!) because of the amount of work it takes to correct a bad factory grind. It'll just cost a few bucks for a set of belts:
work-sharp-sharpener-ken-onion-edition-wskts-ko-large.jpg

Last edited:
My top 3 have been a Medford, a Hinderer and a Chris Reeve for ages.

I have almost 100 knives and will likely sell a bunch to fund the CRK and Hinderer (I just bought the Medford).

I am at a point that I have too many knives and would prefer to sell a dozen less expensive knives to pay for the 2 I really want.

YMMV...

I am eyeing these 3 guys:
Bark River Hauk
Spyderco Shaman
Three Rivers Atlas
The Hauk is more knife than I really need, but I like the look of that thing and keep going back to it over and over. I should just scratch that itch and get it. I am not generally a fan of Spyderco blade shapes, but that Shaman does something for me. And that Atlas is a looker as well. I don't need any of them, but sure do want them.

Last edited:
Have another mantra otw I got a screaming deal on and it's one of my favorite spydercos so I happy to have a back up.
Benchmade puuko landing tomorrow
Boos Blade hound
Spyderco Rassenti paysan when it drops
And a wicked custom got in the works around Jan to april

Not sure of the order. Probably determined by availability.

WE 811a "Tyche". ✔️
ZT 0608
ZT 0393

....and maybe the WE ARRAKIS and/or WE Pleroma.

So, one of my items from this list got checked. And that Tyche did not disappoint. But the other two got pushed . The fit, finish, and action on this WE Knife model is spectacular. There are still some other WE models I would like. As well as some designs of Elisha Isham that may be made by WE, as well as other factory's. And for the ZT's, I'm not sure I still want the two above, or hold out for some newer models. The ZT 0470 has just started to show up online, and am anxiously awaiting more in depth reviews of it. By simple looks alone, I think I like the 0470 just a tad more than the 0609 & 0393.

2efiy4m.jpg

312bnfl.jpg

jrf9u9.jpg

I did however pick up a couple from another list. Rather than be on a short term hit list, this Böker pair was more on a list akin to a bucket list. The Pry Mate (as well as the Mini Pry in this case), are something that I've been intrigued with for some time. But the price, and the knowledge that they would most likely never fulfill a specific or EDC roll, kept me from purchase. Ever since acquiring the Böker Plus BOB and Bobbi, I've wanted something with better steel, a size between the two (leaning towards the Bobbi in size), and a blade shape better suited for my EDC needs. But the novelty of the nearly 1/2" blade stock, was more something that simply puts a smile on my face. Ok, I exaggerated the thickness a hair. Actually just over 1/4" at 7 mm. But now slab the sides with thick Micarta, and you have a fist-full. :D So not your typical office/warehouse fixed blade. But I've had some fun breaking down boxes.

2n6xb9j.jpg

xlbhg2.jpg

w1bf5x.jpg

s2fkg0.jpg

Soooooo, for a new list, will probably add more than 3, as I do sort of have multiple lists for different reasons. But most will need to wait for some time. Some guy named "Murphy" just keeps flinging poop my way. Soooo, the newest shortlist.

.....will be updated soon.

Last edited:
Back