Your Favorite Chopper?

As a chopper user, the original CG prob will be a better choice. The FFFBM is truely too heavy in my hand. I hv yet use my Busse, but I can imagin long term chopping with FFFBM will not be ideal.

The FFFBM is just so cool that it is thick, heavy, no bevel, very BUSSE, but I put my money on CG as a better chopper.

Dogfather all the way.
P2230035-1.jpg

Someone has been watching "The Fifth Element" a little too much.

I have let both my FBM-proto and FBMLE go because they just didn't get it done for me. I would have to go with the HOFSH, which is shorter, but just as beefy as the FBM, or the Uncle MoFo, which can really get swinging with its lighter weight and ergo handle.

phatties4.jpg

In reality, I have other things which are more suitable for chopping, but your initial question specified something with a Busse heritage.

Rick

You nailed it. One of my favorite characters. One of my wife's favorite movies. ;)

I SAID CG FBM !!! and that is all there is to it !!!

In memory of TOny's circular procession:

FBMgrouping.jpg

Damn. That pic above ^^^ gave me wood. I like the CGFBM but the HI CAK is pretty close, if not tied. The hand-raper ridge in the CAK's handle is a strike against pasty white boys who don't get out as much as they should.
cakvoak1.jpg

Was out today and messed around with a cgfbm and ffbm. Both are great choppers, but I found that the ffbm had a tendency to get stuck in the wood when I was chopping. It would make shorter work of the job, but it would get stuck on a regular basis and I would have to work it loose!

The ak was great at limbing and clearing poplars up to 4 inches in diameter though! :D

definitely my Heavy Heart with std scales , but then again i haven`t had a chance to use my CGFBM with mag scales yet :)

Okay, for Busse it's my FBMLE but seriously, if I know I'm REALLY chopping something down I bring my Granfors Bruks double bit.

GB4902.jpg

That sucker really chops!

Ken

I prefer the Dog Father to either the FBM or FFBM. I like its reasonable weight for carry, the blade heavy feel, and most of all, the shock absorbing Res C handle.

This one seems to work "OK" for me.... still shaves after the chopping?!! :D :thumbup:

I can't wait until some of my others sell so I can get back into a CGFBM I have picked out (shameless plug).

I live where I don't get much chopping in, but I can split some wood for the smoker... :D

Precious2-2.jpg

Precious2-4.jpg

Precious2-1.jpg

FFBM, all the way. It hits like the hammer of Thor! I love the sound it makes while chopping- that decisive "WHOCK!" gives me a thrill every time.

Back