• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Your go-to knife shop

Is USA Made Blade just US-made knives?
Yes he is, and very proud of it. And the biggest advantage to USA (besides free stuff sometimes) is the awesome anodizing jobs he does on titanium. Definitely worth a look. His Damascus style anodizing is beautiful, and he never charges a dime for it. It's just an incentive I guess, and kind of shows that he does what he loves.

But i pretty much only use the supported dealers here myself. And I have to say DLT Trading is pretty darn good and getting pretty competitive with their competition. They tend to do free promo stuff as well and have went the extra mile for me.

Like checking and looking into a SOG MT I wanted to see if it was one that was assembled in the US, instead of just replying to what was in the description, or telling me to send it back if it wasn't. Shows they care a little imo.

My favorite is Knives Plus in Amarillo, TX. I also like knifeworks, DLT, Cutlery Shoppe, New Graham, and BladeHQ (but their shipping is slooowwww.) BHQ tends to sit on my stuff a few days before they ship it.

Knifeworks
White Mtn knives
DLT
For Sale section here at BFs :D

I finally ordered something from Drop (formerly Massdrop). We will see how that goes.

Last edited:
Here in Calgary Cutting Edge is the best knife shop around. I appreciate brick & mortar because I can check out my purchase beforehand, plus their service is great and the guys there are knowledgeable. There's House of Knives, which occasionally has good deals, and Target,with good selection but high prices, plus Cabelas and Basspro. On-line, Warriors and Wonders has good service and prices; got my Manly Wasp from their website. When in the USA I've bought at Spyderco in Golden,CO and at Carroll's Gun Shop near Wharton, Texas.

National Knives (best service bar none) and DLT Trading. Recently I've been buying from DLT Trading exclusively because of their inexpensive FedEx Express international shipping.

If National Knives offered FedEx Express, I would buy knives from no one else (unless I wanted a brand they don't sell).

Grand Prairie Knives
Knifeworks
Knifecenter
Lamnia (In Finland, but they have great service, and stuff you sometimes can't get stateside)

My first two "check-in" sellers nowadays are:

1. New Graham (been my #1 for years... they're a hometown store in Bluefield, VA and I grew up in Princeton, WV)
  2. Olde Towne Cutlery in Cumming, GA. This one is my B&M store. I'm about 90 minutes away on the south side of ATL so I can get there fairly easily. They have a good selection and they're very knowledgeable and willing to talk with anybody about knives and knife making.

I like Blade HQ, Knife Center, and Knifeworks.
However, 3knives (an online store in Italy) specializes in European automatics. If you can't find an automatic from an American shop, they're a good place to look.

My first go-to knife shop is the Exchange here at BladeForums:p Other than that, I buy mostly from DLT, KnifeWorks, BladeHQ, and KnifeCenter. Sometimes I also buy from other stores like KnifePlus and the big river site (yeah I know what you'll say). Am gonna try St. Nicks tomorrow the first time;)

Edit: will not try St. Nick's again. If you allow a knife to be put in the shopping cart, then you should allow the transaction to be completed. Do not let your customers go through the entire loop (addy, CC #, phone #, etc.) only to find out the knife is out of stock. Pretty simple concurrent control to implement.

Last edited:
Wouldn't buy a knife at knifecenter with your money. (Still list qtrmastr as US made).
BladeHQ has always done right by me, and they have a huge selection. (They have had some rough threads here lately around customer service issues).
I'm a big fan of knivesshipfree.

My favorite is Knives Plus in Amarillo, TX. I also like knifeworks, DLT, Cutlery Shoppe, New Graham, and BladeHQ (but their shipping is slooowwww.) BHQ tends to sit on my stuff a few days before they ship it.
This post here is pretty much responsible for Knives Plus getting more of my business. They had stock many other shops didn't and they don't charge me tax yet.

BladeHQ and Knifecenter have both started charging tax, and while I realize that it is beyond their control to some extent, on larger purchases and to someone like me who shops frequently, it can really add up.

Also, like many here, have come to really love DLT, CollectorKnives and KSF. Great service from these vendors!

My options are limited in Toronto...specially with cross border shipping issues and brokerage fees etc...
so my go to knife shop is S&R Knives, great guys to deal with, and if I want something specific, they get it in for me...Glad they are under 20min drive away! Not my wallet though!
Have purchased from the other Canadian option, Warriors & Wonders in B.C. too, but the I prefer handling before purchasing...

All good suggestions here. I will add that I've ordered several Chris Reeve knives from Knife Art and have been very satisfied so far. If your into ESEE knives (which I am-lol) SMKW has been pretty good as well and if your a first time buyer, you can register and get a 10% coupon on your first order. They can be a little slow to ship.

Back