Your heaviest folders.

OK, I'll admit right away that I have this strange obsession with heft. I realize it doesn't always equate to quality, but in many cases I've found over the years it does. iPod Touch, Persimmon golf clubs, Chippendale furniture, Headroom's Micro headphone amp, and the Spyderco Manix 2. Heavier than average, all very solidly crafted.

So, therein lies my question. What are the/your heaviest folders? I have always liked heft in a knife. From my very first Uncle Henry Bear Paw to my latest Manix 2. Even my Buck Tempest is fairly hefty for it's size, and considering the skeletonized handle.

What say you?

IMG_1534.jpg

This one is pretty heavy, solid steel.

Depends on what you call decent. If you mean does it perform as designed? Yes, it does and admirably. :D

A lot of people do find it too heavy for EDC but I'm used to carrying a pistol and an extra mag so weight is not really an issue for me.

not too sure. It's between my ZT0200 and CS Spartan.

If you wear jeans or cargos you'll get use to the ZT's weight

Singularity,

Just seems a bit bulky for edc. Weight wouldn't bother me. I've tried to edc my Kershaw Tremor which is slightly longer than the ZT (though 2 oz lighter) and it just doesn't feel right in my pocket. Especially getting in or out of my car.

Singularity,

Just seems a bit bulky for edc. Weight wouldn't bother me. I've tried to edc my Kershaw Tremor which is slightly longer than the ZT (though 2 oz lighter) and it just doesn't feel right in my pocket. Especially getting in or out of my car.

Yeh, some people do find it too big to EDC. Doesn't bother me in the least though. But then I carry a Cold Steel Rajah 2 when I don't carry a pistol.

Hahahaha...:D

Don't think I'll be trying to edc an Espada XL any time soon. ;)

"Scott, why are you limping so bad today?"

Currently a Peter R Rapture, carries well in jeans. Hope to have some heavier blades by the end of summer.

Emerson CQC-15 (big n heavy)
BM 810 Contego (new favorite...definitely hefty)
ZT 560 (big but not too heavy)
Spyderco Military (big and tough but lightweight)
BM 755 MPR (Short but thick and sturdy)
GEC #23 (big-ol-beefy slipjoint)

Benchmade 275 adamas. 7.7 oz, its also .7 in thick. It is a very hefty knife, but everytime i wear jeans or cargo shorts i carry it, when im wearing dress pants or athletic shorts i carry my endura or resilience.

I'd say my Gayle Bradley is my heaviest. It's one of the early ones with the un-skeletoninzed liners.

I prefer lighter folders so this one's my heaviest:

Benchmade Mini Rukus 615

dsc00184bh.jpg

Weight: 5.90oz

Back