Your heaviest folders.

My current heaviest , Pohl Force Alpha 1 Outdoor.

IMG_0355.jpg

Heaviest folder I own is easily my Crusader Forge all Ti FIFP folder. Makes my Spyderco Sage 1 feel as if I'm not even carrying it.

Lone Wolf T3
Rukus
Skirmish
Camillus D2 5.5" Cuda Maxx
Ontario Retribution 1
3V GG SMF
I'm sure there are more I'm too lazy to write down

Joe

My heaviest is the SOG Spec Elite 2 at 7.1 ounces. It is way too heavy and carry a Spyderco Endura 3 at three ounces.

IMG_20111020_193849-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Emerson Commander.
You really don't notice it after carrying a large knife every day.

The Cold Steel Rajah II and CS Spartan, both very heavy knives.

CSRajah_Spartan_2.jpg

CRKT M16s, aluminum and titanium.

CRKTM16-14Titanium_2.jpg

Cold Steel Pro-Lite, a beautiful but heavy knife I bought primarily for defense:

ColdSteelPro-Lite_2_Small.jpg

The Kershaw Storm is a strange knife, beautifully made, but heavy!

KershawStorm_1.jpg

The Alaskan Buck 10, with S30 blade.

BuckAlaskan_3.jpg

I usually like a lighter knife, but sometimes want something bigger and heavier. When I do, I will carry my mikkel Willumson. It comes in at about 6 ounces.

I'm also a lover of the heavier folders. I have several of them, and I usually will not buy a folder if it is under 5 ounces, and as stupid as that may sound, it is the way I am!

My heavier one's are; Ontario Retribution 1, Bob Dozier Workhorse, ZT0200, LionSteel SR-1-B & V, BM 275 Adamas, BM 810 Contego, John W Smith SD-3, and Spyderco Titanium Military. These are the edc's I presently rotate through. The Bob Dozier Workhorse is the heaviest at 10.9 ounces.
SU1HLTIwMTIwMjE1LTAwMTQ1LmpwZw.jpg

This will be my next folder, and I'm guessing it will be between 6.0 to 6.5 ounces. Though with the thick liners in the 5" handle, it may weigh closer to 7.0 ounces. I will have to wait until the end of July to check it.
0ca1e931.jpg

Last edited:
My heftiest are these "big dog" CRKT's with aluminum scales. They are also my longest. I can carry these easily clipped to my jeans pockets, and I could carry a fraction thicker and heavier although anything significantly longer might become a problem. I have interest in a ZT. The 0200 appeals to me but I thought it might be too heavy so I have looked more towards the much more expensive 0560, but if I find a deal on an 0200 I might get one anyway. Otherwise I'm mostly interested in Benchmade and Spyderco and none of those begin to challenge the weight of my CRKT's.

DSC_6633b.jpg

used to have an aluminum XL Espada - 15 oz, currently SERE 3003 - 11 oz, Demko folder - 9.5 oz, L G10 Espada - 9 oz, folding Hissatsu - 6 oz, Contego - 5.9 oz, Chinook 3 - 5.8 oz

My new heaviest folder is the XL Voyager at a svelte 7.2 oz... that's actually surprisingly light for a knife that size.

Heaviest folder I own is easily my Crusader Forge all Ti FIFP folder. Makes my Spyderco Sage 1 feel as if I'm not even carrying it.

Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of that one :D. I'll happily take that weight out of your front pocket and add some to your back pocket!

Back