1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your heaviest folders.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Scott Dolan, Jun 2, 2012.

1. lathe dog

lathe dog

Jul 6, 2012
    My current heaviest , Pohl Force Alpha 1 Outdoor.

[​IMG]

2. Lapp_Dance

Lapp_Dance

Apr 20, 2005
    Heaviest folder I own is easily my Crusader Forge all Ti FIFP folder. Makes my Spyderco Sage 1 feel as if I'm not even carrying it.

3. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    Lone Wolf T3
    Rukus
    Skirmish
    Camillus D2 5.5" Cuda Maxx
    Ontario Retribution 1
    3V GG SMF
    I'm sure there are more I'm too lazy to write down

Joe

4. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010
    ZT 0200
    CS Spartan
    CRKT Crawford Kasper

5. stormbird

stormbird

May 6, 2006
    My heavy weights...

Two of the Buck CSAR-T -8.6 oz
    Rajah2 - 12.7 oz

6. pillowhead9

pillowhead9

Jan 20, 2012
    0560 & sere2000

7. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Buck/TOPS CSAR-T
    [​IMG]

5.11 First Responder
    [​IMG]

8. LeonWilderness

LeonWilderness

Jun 23, 2010
    CS Pocket Bushman, 6.1 oz. For me, this is too heavy for normal urban EDC.

9. commieforniatactical

commieforniatactical

Dec 30, 2011
    My Cold Steel Spartan.

10. dennis357

dennis357

Jan 13, 2010
    My heaviest is the SOG Spec Elite 2 at 7.1 ounces. It is way too heavy and carry a Spyderco Endura 3 at three ounces.

11. clutchcarter

clutchcarter Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Emerson Commander.
    You really don't notice it after carrying a large knife every day.

12. Confederate

Confederate

Sep 5, 2005
    The Cold Steel Rajah II and CS Spartan, both very heavy knives.

[​IMG]

CRKT M16s, aluminum and titanium.

[​IMG]

Cold Steel Pro-Lite, a beautiful but heavy knife I bought primarily for defense:

[​IMG]

The Kershaw Storm is a strange knife, beautifully made, but heavy!

[​IMG]

The Alaskan Buck 10, with S30 blade.

[​IMG]

13. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I usually like a lighter knife, but sometimes want something bigger and heavier. When I do, I will carry my mikkel Willumson. It comes in at about 6 ounces.

14. cutter17

cutter17

May 16, 2006
    I'm also a lover of the heavier folders. I have several of them, and I usually will not buy a folder if it is under 5 ounces, and as stupid as that may sound, it is the way I am!

My heavier one's are; Ontario Retribution 1, Bob Dozier Workhorse, ZT0200, LionSteel SR-1-B & V, BM 275 Adamas, BM 810 Contego, John W Smith SD-3, and Spyderco Titanium Military. These are the edc's I presently rotate through. The Bob Dozier Workhorse is the heaviest at 10.9 ounces.
    [​IMG]

This will be my next folder, and I'm guessing it will be between 6.0 to 6.5 ounces. Though with the thick liners in the 5" handle, it may weigh closer to 7.0 ounces. I will have to wait until the end of July to check it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  15. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    My heftiest are these "big dog" CRKT's with aluminum scales. They are also my longest. I can carry these easily clipped to my jeans pockets, and I could carry a fraction thicker and heavier although anything significantly longer might become a problem. I have interest in a ZT. The 0200 appeals to me but I thought it might be too heavy so I have looked more towards the much more expensive 0560, but if I find a deal on an 0200 I might get one anyway. Otherwise I'm mostly interested in Benchmade and Spyderco and none of those begin to challenge the weight of my CRKT's.

[​IMG]

16. hardheart

hardheart

Sep 19, 2001
    used to have an aluminum XL Espada - 15 oz, currently SERE 3003 - 11 oz, Demko folder - 9.5 oz, L G10 Espada - 9 oz, folding Hissatsu - 6 oz, Contego - 5.9 oz, Chinook 3 - 5.8 oz

17. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    My new heaviest folder is the XL Voyager at a svelte 7.2 oz... that's actually surprisingly light for a knife that size.

18. Windex_

Windex_ Banned BANNED

Apr 4, 2011
    I just bought a folder that is going to roll in at just over 16 ounces.

19. Windex_

Windex_ Banned BANNED

Apr 4, 2011
    Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of that one :D. I'll happily take that weight out of your front pocket and add some to your back pocket!

20. jrservices

jrservices

Jun 30, 2012
    Benchmade Adamas.... Its a beast.