Your least favorite Swiss Army Knives

I don't dislike any of them but my least favorite are the Alox models. No tweezers and toothpick, they don't come with scissors, and I guess I just really associate red cellidor with the sak. They are a great product and I totally get why they are so popular, I just really prefer the cellidor models.

Jim

I couldn't agree more. Something just plain seems wrong about the alox model SAKs.

The Swiss Champ and similar sized models. They are so uncomfortable and unwieldy to use I don't see the point other than "let's see how many tools we can fit on it".
I generally avoid anything larger than the Huntsman/Fieldmaster and prefer the Tinker/Spartan and Hiker/Camper/Super Tinker/Climber size for daily carry.

I think my least favorite are the ones I don't have. I think I won't like them, but I want to make sure :D

OK, I have to update this: I hate my Classic! I thought this was the most cute, but useless "knife" one could own. But it turns out to be the one I can't stop using! Open a box, grab the Classic. Strings on my clothes, grab the Classic. Adjust my glasses, grab the Classic. I even went an entire day just carrying it...as my ONLY knife! The thing is insidious evil! Be careful friends...it will get you too!

The Classic is my least favorite. Too small, I've never once used or needed a nail file in my life, and it is not useful enough for me to consider it a real Swiss Army Knife. I think once you get up to around Camper or Pioneer amounts of tools at a minimum, then it is a real Swiss Army Knife. Just my two cents.

I only like the 84mm and larger models. My least fav. tools are the cork screw, and plier (like on SwissChamp). I'm not crazy about the fish scaler or the file, but I occastionaly find a use for them. Tonight I used the fish scaler to scrape some dried up detergent out of the dishwasher so that the cover would close properly.

Come on... this is just a little ridiculous! What is more ridiculous than the size, is the price!

wenger_giant_knife.png

Back