Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I picked up a new Robert Klaas 4" stockman in ram's horn last weekend. These are still made in China, but have no "Kissing Cranes" branding either on the knife or the box. It compares favorably with a similar Rough Rider, and ran right at $20 shipped. All three blades came shaving sharp, and have 5½ pulls with decent snap. They were a little gritty, but some mineral oil and use have smoothed them out already. This stockman has a lower profile that some might prefer, with a more slender clip and lower spined sheepfoot.

8e3b17fe-7c3e-4e54-8ee6-9a14b2db98bf_zpse3c39oss.jpg~original

0937aaab-b08f-44cd-96f2-79ac39728b96_zpsr08mpxnt.jpg~original

20170809_222355.jpg 20170809_222600.jpg
The ox horn Joker I snagged at the recent Sydney Knife show. It will be my last for a while.I wasnt intending to buy anything aaah who am I trying to kid? As soon as I saw it the ninja skills took over and the card simply shurikened into the proprietresses card machine as if by mystical force. The ox will make a goid companion for last years Joker with fantastic rams horn.
The yellow bone 23 was an awesome bargain.If I had a pointy snout and a blowhole in the top my head I would be whistling and scudding across the waves on my tail towards the exchange. Thankfully Im not a friendly pet dolphin - more of stingy knife miser.o_O:p

Last edited:
meako, you have an imagination unlike any I've ever witnessed. I always enjoy reading your good humored posts.

Had my personal mother load of grail deliveries today thanks to a very helpful bladeforums member. All three TC's showed up on my door step just over an hour ago. Time, patience and asking kindly can really assist in finding the right knife (knives) at the right time.

IMG_1171 2.jpg

Last edited:
This #25 Goldenrod Jigged Bone . It is a little smaller than I like , but it is a very well made and sturdy little knife .

Harry

Like that one a lot Harry:thumbsup:

Give it a bit more time, you may be surprised at how the 25 grows on you, useful size and versatile. That one has the looks too.:)

Thanks, Will

I picked up a new Robert Klaas 4" stockman in ram's horn last weekend. These are still made in China, but have no "Kissing Cranes" branding either on the knife or the box. It compares favorably with a similar Rough Rider, and ran right at $20 shipped. All three blades came shaving sharp, and have 5½ pulls with decent snap. They were a little gritty, but some mineral oil and use have smoothed them out already. This stockman has a lower profile that some might prefer, with a more slender clip and lower spined sheepfoot.

8e3b17fe-7c3e-4e54-8ee6-9a14b2db98bf_zpse3c39oss.jpg~original

0937aaab-b08f-44cd-96f2-79ac39728b96_zpsr08mpxnt.jpg~original
Looks nice Jeff!

View attachment 747222 View attachment 747223
The ox horn Joker I snagged at the recent Sydney Knife show. It will be my last for a while.I wasnt intending to buy anything aaah who am I trying to kid? As soon as I saw it the ninja skills took over and the card simply shurikened into the proprietresses card machine as if by mystical force. The ox will make a goid companion for last years Joker with fantastic rams horn.
The yellow bone 23 was an awesome bargain.If I had a pointy snout and a blowhole in the top my head I would be whistling and scudding across the waves on my tail towards the exchange. Thankfully Im not a friendly pet dolphin - more of stingy knife miser.o_O:p
Very cool Meako!

Like that one a lot Harry:thumbsup:

Give it a bit more time, you may be surprised at how the 25 grows on you, useful size and versatile. That one has the looks too.:)

Thanks, Will
Thank you very much Will !!
If all goes to the most recent plan , I will be getting another #25 and this Goldenrod one will be a Christmas gift to someone .

Harry

Thanks for the words guys.
I too have a small Robert Klaas toothpick with sensational rams horn scales.

My Boker Barlow in smooth white bone arrived today and its exceeded my expectations . Nice walk and talk and just a all around great blade and it fits perfect in my Hitch &Timber leather sheath. Hair popping
sharp out of the box also .
Thanks again Half stop for sharing yours or I would of never known about them.
rYYVwfr.jpg
TzvHgKf.jpg
rBCyAMi.jpg

kG3tI5g.jpg
K6UYJ7t.jpg
Great looking kit Ed! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back