Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

A few days ago I picked up a used burnt stag #73 off the bay for a ridiculously low price. It went so cheap I hoped nothing would be wrong with it, but it arrived today and is even nicer than it looked. Me very happy!

e545f674-dcd5-4b52-9e26-563563dd69cd_zps3burpm6z.jpg~original

14a025fb-cf17-4bc5-8e72-d70ca11794bb_zpshigxonv4.jpg~original

e55883b3-612f-47df-aef0-44a48c949925_zpsooq8cesn.jpg~original
Great score Jeff. I've pretty much settled on a 73 as my EDC. It's either a jigged bone or a stag (of course). Enjoy it, it's a beauty.

Thanks, Will, I like the medium thickness with the little flair at the butt. GEC does that often with their bareheads, part of why I prefer them over end caps.

Absolutely! Always prefer Barehead where possible, you don't lose a great piece of slab material, especially important with Stag:thumbsup:

Harry What a haul! Told you you had to go to the R.vous didn't I;)

That Bocote 38 is striped like a Tabby cat or is it Tiger:D Beautiful item.

Thanks, Will

Obtained these at the Rendezvous . Top to Bottom
Northfield Stag 061213 // Northfield Stag 550113 // Northfield Stag 851212 // Tidioute Mexican Bacote

Never had an 06 or an 55 or an 38 before .

Harry

very nice Harry! Patty took a whole bunch out for me to look at but I just couldnt pull the trigger. Having that pen blade removed might destroy the stag :(

Very nice, Harry, I sure didn't know there were still any #55s available.
Thank you very much Jeff . Much appreciated . Please do not ask me how this happens , but as you can see , that knife was made in 2013 and is marked with an " S " , indicating that it would only be sold in their Store because something was WRONG with it . All of those in that picture including the 38 are marked with the " S " . I have found nothing wrong with any of the 4 .

Harry

Last edited:
Harry, just saw you latest post. See you went whole-hog:D. They're all top notch, but the bocote stands out in it's unique look and style.
Thank you very much Tom . That is a knife that Nancy wanted me to buy instead of another Stag one . After we got it into our grubby little paws , we saw how nice it was .

Harry

I received two today. First one should inspire a lot of drool. Complements of Jeff, this is a Great Eastern branded #73 two-blade trapper wearing walnut burl. That's right, walnut burl.

35801789474_1e6d1a7579_c.jpg

Along with a Lionsteel Roundhead, Complements of Mike Latham. This knife is perfect in everything that it is. The screws are less "screwy" in person. Feels outstanding in hand. Super smooth action.

36240052020_38bfa9f6e9_c.jpg

Thank you very much Jeff . Much appreciated . Please do not ask me how this happens , but as you can see , that knife was made in 2013 and is marked with an " S " , indicating that it would only be sold in their Store because something was WRONG with it . All of those in that picture including the 38 are marked with the " S " . I have found nothing wrong with any of the 4 .

Harry

Uh uh! 'S' means SPECIAL :D:D:thumbsup:

Back