Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I was lucky and fortunate enough to win the Wounded Warrior benefit drawing from the rendezvous.. I think this was a very generous gesture from Great Eastern Cutlery to donate such an amazing knife for this... I am very humbled to be the proud owner of this beauty......

View attachment 751810

Oh! How wonderful! :)

I seldom hear of/from the winner of the Rendezvous giveaway, at least not here in the Traditional subforum. Thanks so much for your post, and the picture. :thumbsup:

I have a #36 in red bone with the same nail nick/long pull combo and stamped blade. It's a super-fine knife, one that carries smaller than one might think, and one of a scant few that's harder to close than it is to open-- a snapper! I love it.

IMG_4340.jpg~original

Enjoy your knife. :cool:

~ P.

Oh! How wonderful! :)

I seldom hear of/from the winner of the Rendezvous giveaway, at least not here in the Traditional subforum. Thanks so much for your post, and the picture. :thumbsup:

I have a #36 in red bone with the same nail nick/long pull combo and stamped blade. It's a super-fine knife, one that carries smaller than one might think, and one of a scant few that's harder to close than it is to open-- a snapper! I love it.

IMG_4340.jpg~original

Enjoy your knife. :cool:

~ P.
Thanks P, this isn't a pattern that I would normaly be interested in.. After getting one, this is an amazing knife... I like everything about it...... It's big and bold..

Thanks, Gary.
I stumbled upon his work a while back when I picked up this "Peanut" knife. It was made so well, I thought I'd reach out to him for a custom made knife. Gene was a pleasure to work with, and I'm thrilled with
how the knife turned out. We discussed stag, and I asked him to surprise me. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with his choice on the Saddlehorn above.

View attachment 753507 View attachment 753508 View attachment 753509

Very Nice!!!

Old Engineer Old Engineer
Glad you like it Harry. I am happy that it went to an appreciative home.

I hope your son likes the hand-me-down.
;):D
Right now the plans are to give the # 25 Goldenrod to a Great Grand-son at Christmas . My Son is not into knives , but my Grand-sons and Great Grand-sons are . Thanks to you , that can happen . I really can not express how pleased I am with your offer and the knife itself . Thank you very much my friend . An aside now : When I was at the Rendezvous , I met a guy from New Jersey and his name was Bill . Was that by chance you ???

Harry

Right now the plans are to give the # 25 Goldenrod to a Great Grand-son at Christmas . My Son is not into knives , but my Grand-sons and Great Grand-sons are . Thanks to you , that can happen . I really can not express how pleased I am with your offer and the knife itself . Thank you very much my friend . An aside now : When I was at the Rendezvous , I met a guy from New Jersey and his name was Bill . Was that by chance you ???

Harry
Unfortunately not.
I would have loved to make it, but the timing didn't coincide with the free time I had available.

I would love to make it next year. Hopefully, you're planning on making the pilgrimage again.

Finally getting a chance to post some photos of some of my Titusville souvenirs! I was able to buy these 3 from Russell @Rusty1 - I first met Russell and his son at the 2015 Rendezvous. I got to spend more time talking with Russell this year. Russell is just a super nice gentleman and a very knowledgeable collector! Thank you Russell! :)
36318653560_61fe59a548_b_d.jpg

36575215461_dc0ff55d36_b_d.jpg

These next two 77's were acquired from my friend Harry. Old Engineer Old Engineer - Harry and I got to do some front porch knife trading with Nancy and Pam overseeing the festivities. Pam and I are so glad that we got to meet Harry and Nancy. We really enjoyed the short time we got to spend together! :) During our Porch trading session we also got to meet @L.H.S a nice young man that seemed to enjoy watching Harry and I doing our trading! :D The Old Tan Wharncliffe was already Totin ready so I have added a little Granny Smith Patina.:rolleyes: The African Blackwood Clip is marked as a 2nd. I have yet to find anything wrong with it and I am proud to have it. One can never have too many 77's! It will remain in the tube for now! Thank you Harry! :D

36543292842_abaab09ce9_b_d.jpg

Finally getting a chance to post some photos of some of my Titusville souvenirs! I was able to buy these 3 from Russell @Rusty1 - I first met Russell and his son at the 2015 Rendezvous. I got to spend more time talking with Russell this year. Russell is just a super nice gentleman and a very knowledgeable collector! Thank you Russell! :)

These next two 77's were acquired from my friend Harry. Old Engineer Old Engineer - Harry and I got to do some front porch knife trading with Nancy and Pam overseeing the festivities. Pam and I are so glad that we got to meet Harry and Nancy. We really enjoyed the short time we got to spend together! :) During our Porch trading session we also got to meet @L.H.S a nice young man that seemed to enjoy watching Harry and I doing our trading! :D The Old Tan Wharncliffe was already Totin ready so I have added a little Granny Smith Patina.:rolleyes: The African Blackwood Clip is marked as a 2nd. I have yet to find anything wrong with it and I am proud to have it. One can never have too many 77's! It will remain in the tube for now! Thank you Harry! :D

very nice ron!! I had nothing good to offer in trade to Harry for that 77 in blackwood. It was one of the first barlows Ive ever gotten from Bob when I was first starting my interest in barlows so I kept that mint.

Great round up Ron! I wish I could have been there, but it was not to be. Sounds like a fun a fruitful visit.

Back