Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I was lucky and fortunate enough to win the Wounded Warrior benefit drawing from the rendezvous.. I think this was a very generous gesture from Great Eastern Cutlery to donate such an amazing knife for this... I am very humbled to be the proud owner of this beauty......

gec.JPG

That's some of the nicest Chestnut from Case lately. Mini-trapper size falls right in the sweet spot
Thanks, oldtymer. :) There's certainly some color variation from one knife to another in Case's chestnut jigged bone line, but I think all the hues look good. :thumbsup:

GT, you may find them complementary... the clip works great for kitchen tasks and cutting long stretches of cardboard box, while the spear, being less pointy, is better for home and garden work. At least that is what I've experienced. She's a looker nevertheless!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the advice and kind words, Tom! :thumbsup::)

A few days ago I picked up a used burnt stag #73 off the bay for a ridiculously low price. It went so cheap I hoped nothing would be wrong with it, but it arrived today and is even nicer than it looked. Me very happy!
14a025fb-cf17-4bc5-8e72-d70ca11794bb_zpshigxonv4.jpg~original

Congrats, Jeff!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Stag 73s are one of GEC's most visually appealing knives, IMHO! :cool::cool:

I was lucky and fortunate enough to win the Wounded Warrior benefit drawing from the rendezvous.. I think this was a very generous gesture from Great Eastern Cutlery to donate such an amazing knife for this... I am very humbled to be the proud owner of this beauty......

View attachment 751810
Congrats on your good fortune, lamco3! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: That looks like quite a handful of hugely handsome knife! :thumbsup:;)

- GT

Here's a trio of bargain-basement Barlows I picked up last month, but haven't posted in this thread yet.
First, a Marbles ram's horn 2-blade Barlow (along with a new Böker cap :)):
sGUcni1.jpg

mKacVzD.jpg

Second, a Sarge BSA Barlow (along with a new Buck cap :)), purportedly using 440C for the blades:
bB8m6ox.jpg

iAnkdTE.jpg

Third, a Rite Edge Barlow that someone here (and I apologize for not remembering who :rolleyes:) recommended as a fine user, and I figured I could take a chance for $5 (including lanyard hole :thumbsup::cool:):
J40cCM3.jpg

ZIgNWAH.jpg

I'm happy with all three!!!

- GT

I scooped this little fellow out of the Bay. It needed a little TLC. I saddle soaped the sheath and then added two light coats of Obenauf's. I need to learn to take before and after shots. It's pretty amazing the changes a little care can bring about.
i-qK2PMnC-XL.jpg

I hit the handle with two coats of walnut oil. And took a strop to the blade,
i-xvTSqvv-XL.jpg

Good as new, or possibly even better,
i-qQwXnj5-XL.jpg

I scooped this little fellow out of the Bay. It needed a little TLC. I saddle soaped the sheath and then added two light coats of Obenauf's. I need to learn to take before and after shots. It's pretty amazing the changes a little care can bring about.
i-qK2PMnC-XL.jpg

i-xvTSqvv-XL.jpg

i-qQwXnj5-XL.jpg
Great job. There's nothing like finding used not abused knives. All it takes is a little care to make better than new as you said. It makes them really feel like yours.

i-xvTSqvv-XL.jpg

Very nice score !!! You have done a great job of rejuvenation. Normally I'm not big on blade etches, but this one is sweet Fantastic.

Champthekid Champthekid
We don't see much of Mr. Shadley's work here, Steve. I've always admired his work and he's a master of the craft. Lovely knife!

Champthekid Champthekid
We don't see much of Mr. Shadley's work here, Steve. I've always admired his work and he's a master of the craft. Lovely knife!

Thanks, Gary.
I stumbled upon his work a while back when I picked up this "Peanut" knife. It was made so well, I thought I'd reach out to him for a custom made knife. Gene was a pleasure to work with, and I'm thrilled with
how the knife turned out. We discussed stag, and I asked him to surprise me. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with his choice on the Saddlehorn above.

14.jpg 33.jpg 13.jpg

Back