Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just received my Burnt Chimney Barlow. It´s a 1993 NKCA Youth Knife, 2-bladed with a spear and a pen blade. The handles are green tint bone. It´s made for M. Hardin by Boker/ Solingen, limited to 600 pieces. They´re hard to find here overseas, so I´m very glad to get one in mint condition
dscf3228.jpg
dscf3230.jpg

Very nice, Dirk, I love the bolster!
Thx Jeff,
now the usual struggle begins: Using or not :) This one with the engravings on blade and bolster makes the answer even more difficult. :cool: But there´s a quite similar one in the collection, so this one might be a one for the showcase

Last edited:
I've had my eye on these at my local knife shop for a while. I finally decided on what I was going to offer as a trade sacrifice and made a deal yesterday. I was too excited to wait for daylight pictures, sorry for the poor lighting. The Kutmaster has beautiful brown Utica bone that doesn't show at all in the pics. Very happy to have them now.

- Cattaraugus 21829
-Kutmaster Utica NY
- '71 Case 5347 SSP
20171214_211243.jpg 20171214_211508.jpg

I've had my eye on these at my local knife shop for a while. I finally decided on what I was going to offer as a trade sacrifice and made a deal yesterday. I was too excited to wait for daylight pictures, sorry for the poor lighting. The Kutmaster has beautiful brown Utica bone that doesn't show at all in the pics. Very happy to have them now.

- Cattaraugus 21829
-Kutmaster Utica NY
- '71 Case 5347 SSP
View attachment 814215 View attachment 814218

Love those old stockmans!

Just received this churchill in the mail. It was discounted and marked “EDC” due to cracks in the stag. So I will drop this one in the pocket and keep my other one pristine.
I also love how the stag on this 35 is thick feels way better in my hand than the slimmer profile of my now safe queen.
We will see how long this replaces my Queen #9 or stockmans in general.
88449A7F-5B8C-4C89-A4ED-CEB3082E014A.jpeg 1B330A88-D246-4729-A31D-FF9D02C7BC57.jpeg 304AF106-EBA9-4F18-86EB-5AE752639DF9.jpeg

- Cattaraugus 21829
-Kutmaster Utica NY
- '71 Case 5347 SSP
View attachment 814215 View attachment 814218
I´d love to have only one knife store which offers such beauties somewhere nearby ;-) very impressive ones :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Love those old stockmans!

I'm with you there. I couldn't pass on that Kutmaster.

Thanks Dirk. I'm very fortunate to have a shop full of new and vintage traditionals close to home, and the owner is always interested in trading. My wife curses the day I discovered it. :mad:

I just had to drop by again today to swap for this little gem. Probably going back tomorrow to get one or two more pearl Cattaraugus whittlers...fingers crossed.
20171215_195715.jpg 20171215_195946.jpg 20171215_200017.jpg

Thanks, v_p. You've shown a lot of very nice knives lately yourself. Welcome to the traditional forum.

Here is another recent addition, a drop point GEC #73 in 440C and ruby red jig bone.
NiV7GqY.jpg

Thanks, v_p. You've shown a lot of very nice knives lately yourself. Welcome to the traditional forum.

Here is another recent addition, a drop point GEC #73 in 440C and ruby red jig bone.
NiV7GqY.jpg

I was meant for the Traditional Forum... some of those Non-Traditional knives are frightening! :eek: LoL. I've only been collecting for a little over a year but I hit it pretty hard core and have had no one to share it with although my wife is now addicted too. But right now she is on Etsy looking at the $200 sterling silver ones of course :thumbsdown:

Back