Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

These two came in yesterday, but I was too late to take any photos. A nice pair of Dixie stockmen.

Indian Paintbrush jigged bone
iUP6okb.jpg

DdQqk9F.jpg

Natural Stag
RCjj15u.jpg

7dzzjO0.jpg

My latest additions are a very special set of additions. They are all gifts from W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery.

I host a scout knife giveaway commemorating my brother. The original idea was to give a decent first knife to a kid, and that has remained a big focus of the GAW, but I have also been giving knives to adults in order to try to encourage more participation.

Somehow, this year Case heard about my GAW and decided to give me some of their BSA knives for me to give. When they initially contacted me I had a hard time believing it was really Case contacting me to give me knives. I was totally blown away that they would reach out unsolicited to help me give away some knives.

Then yesterday the box of knives showed up, and I was blown away all over again. They said they were going to send me a couple scout knives. They sent four BSA Half Whittlers. But that wasn't even all they sent. They also sent me a hat, and a really lovely Tribal Lockback. I thought it was just an amazing act of generosity by Case.
20180129_105110.jpg

20180129_105448.jpg

View attachment 839113

CaseTL.jpg

Oh, and of course, please enter my GAW :)
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/memorial-scout-knife-giveaway-new-knives-added.1546078/

My latest additions are a very special set of additions. They are all gifts from W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery.

I host a scout knife giveaway commemorating my brother. The original idea was to give a decent first knife to a kid, and that has remained a big focus of the GAW, but I have also been giving knives to adults in order to try to encourage more participation.

Somehow, this year Case heard about my GAW and decided to give me some of their BSA knives for me to give. When they initially contacted me I had a hard time believing it was really Case contacting me to give me knives. I was totally blown away that they would reach out unsolicited to help me give away some knives.

Then yesterday the box of knives showed up, and I was blown away all over again. They said they were going to send me a couple scout knives. They sent four BSA Half Whittlers. But that wasn't even all they sent. They also sent me a hat, and a really lovely Tribal Lockback. I thought it was just an amazing act of generosity by Case.
View attachment 839111

View attachment 839112

View attachment 839113

View attachment 839114

Oh, and of course, please enter my GAW :)
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/memorial-scout-knife-giveaway-new-knives-added.1546078/

That is awesome!

My Case swayback gent (top) that I've had for a while just got a big brother -- a Case swayback jack (bottom). (It's just a trick of the light that the SBJ blade looks dark -- it's reflecting my sweatshirt -- plus it's got a thin coating of mineral oil on it.)

I found this one yesterday at a nearby hardware store. (They have a small and mostly empty Case display, but it had a couple of treasures in it!) I was initially attracted by a very pretty muskrat, then I noticed a stag peanut, then finally I saw this one: a 2009 chestnut bone CV swayback jack (TB62117). I think I hit the jackpot on this one.

25173606617_6911450c04_b.jpg

My Case swayback gent (top) that I've had for a while just got a big brother -- a Case swayback jack (bottom). (It's just a trick of the light that the SBJ blade looks dark -- it's reflecting my sweatshirt -- plus it's got a thin coating of mineral oil on it.)

I found this one yesterday at a nearby hardware store. (They have a small and mostly empty Case display, but it had a couple of treasures in it!) I was initially attracted by a very pretty muskrat, then I noticed a stag peanut, then finally I saw this one: a 2009 chestnut bone CV swayback jack (TB62117). I think I hit the jackpot on this one.

25173606617_6911450c04_b.jpg

That hardware store have any of those left??

That hardware store have any of those left??

Sadly no. Other than the muskrat and peanut there were a couple of trappers and a trapperlock that I recall seeing. Those had some very attractive bone but they are larger than I like to carry, so I didn't pay much attention. The store isn't even listed as a dealer on the Case website so I suspect they aren't going to restock once they sell everything.

Back