Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

one pull was fine :rolleyes:

9E5DMwm.jpg

I had spotted these two Imperial Frontier knives on an auction site awhile back. I think they dropped in price but I got them for pretty cheap. Dekalb was, and maybe still is, a seed company in the Midwest. Growing up in farm country their emblem was everywhere. I may even have a hat or two on Dad’s back porch from them. Knives are in excellent shape and were probably just sitting in a drawer somewhere. They will make a great little carry knife for sure. I may send one back to a buddy in Wisconsin.

A8-CD33-DC-26-CD-430-B-8-F98-8740-C53-A83-F8.jpg

I had spotted these two Imperial Frontier knives on an auction site awhile back. I think they dropped in price but I got them for pretty cheap. Dekalb was, and maybe still is, a seed company in the Midwest. Growing up in farm country their emblem was everywhere. I may even have a hat or two on Dad’s back porch from them. Knives are in excellent shape and were probably just sitting in a drawer somewhere. They will make a great little carry knife for sure. I may send one back to a buddy in Wisconsin.

A8-CD33-DC-26-CD-430-B-8-F98-8740-C53-A83-F8.jpg
Dekalb is still around. They only do corn now. Owned by Bayer.

Reactions: 315
I had been looking at getting an Alox Soldier for awhile. I ended up getting one for a fair price and forgot I had bid on a second one that I got for a really fair price. The seller didn’t accurately describe them. He said the one blade may have been a bit rough but I can’t find a single thing wrong. They’re both pristine. 02 and 06 for the years.

895-CBACB-0-DAC-4-DAB-A8-E6-C83-C2-AC7-E0-B3.jpg

Just arrived tonight
2019 Case xx Barlow Boys Scout Knife
Green olive bone
This is definitely my favorite and the best in all areas . Will now be my new Safe Queen no doubt :thumbsup:
Fit and finish is remarkable!! Walk and talk is phenomenal snappy and smooth as glass right out of the wooden box :)
sIOftkK.jpg

Feivnyh.jpg
OItU9dv.jpg
WQFb3Nh.jpg

I took a couple of hours to start modifying the Svord Peasant (wood handle) I bought recently. I made a backspacer of epoxy-hardened leather, first soaking the material in alcohol to get rid of oils, then cutting it to shape and applying epoxy. I glued the spacer to one handle slab, then proceeded to sand the spacer to correct thickness. After that I pulled out the original stop pin and drilled holes through the handle for a slightly thicker one of 4 mm brass rod. After gluing the new pin to one handle side I put the knife together to check the fit. Some more fiddling and looks like I can proceed today to put the knife together.

I will epoxy the spacer to the other handle scale, at the same time applying epoxy to the pin so it will be be permanently fixed. The handle will be slightly shortened from the back for better blade/handle ratio.

The thicker pinn will stiffen the handle, since it's fixed to both scales and it prevents the edge from hitting spacer or back screw. The back screws will be epoxied in place. Blade pivot will stay removable by opening screw and pushing the pivot away. I will still sand the handle an oil/wax it to finish it. I will show it when it's ready.

Just check out this monster I received last week. The ram's horn is phenomenal, and the action is superb. But this thing is huge!

Bulldog USA #3T Mountain Man trapper built by Queen in 2007
7dfaSnT.jpg

UoLooU1.jpg

nkzMro7.jpg

Closed length: 4.64"
Length open: 8.28"
Thickness through center spring pin: 0.969"
Weight: 6.1 oz.
Wow, nice covers.
Looks like a sheath is in order for that size.

Wowzers!

My latest is a #38 special in bocote. I really like this pattern. Great lines!
Only ding is the nail nick is quite small. Not much room for it because of the narrow blade I guess.
The bocote is really nice. Don

full

NICE! Tell us more about this knife - Lambsfoot blade but with a terrific handle style - what pattern is this? OH
Thank you for the kind remarks. This one was from a special issue of four patterns, and 5 examples of each pattern, all handmade. This model is call the “Senator.” The Lambsfoot Blade is Swedish Damascus. The covers are vintage Sambar. The backspring has file work. It has nice weight and feels good in hand, but will still fit in the watch pocket of jeans.

I didn’t take to the Senator the first time I saw an image online, but once in my hand, I fell in love. It’s a real gem.

TheFactor, I love that mottled olive bone on your new Barlow, the pick of the litter for sure!

Pinemoon, thanks for the props, and that's some nice Bocote, too.

Back