Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

PPiJM6p.jpg
lZ8ka7i.jpg
freZnbb.jpg

Guess its appropriate that I found this today, for memorial day. Right box wrong wrapper, otherwise unused. Some discoloration on the blades,but overall in good shape. Pretty good action,tiny bit of side play on the spey. I don't know much about Old Cutler other than I know it's not a Boker brand. To those who served a deep and heartfelt THANK YOU

PPiJM6p.jpg
lZ8ka7i.jpg
freZnbb.jpg

Guess its appropriate that I found this today, for memorial day. Right box wrong wrapper, otherwise unused. Some discoloration on the blades,but overall in good shape. Pretty good action,tiny bit of side play on the spey. I don't know much about Old Cutler other than I know it's not a Boker brand. To those who served a deep and heartfelt THANK YOU

I think old cutler was the premium line of colonial knife co.

A few weeks ago at the flea market I saw an old cutler "factory custom" that had worked blades, bolster engraving and such. It was actually pretty neat, but the guy wanted $200, so I say no to that.

Old Cutler was founded and knives were made by Robert Paolantonio with parts sourced from Camillus. Robert was the grandson of Frederick Paolantonio, one of three brothers who started Colonial Knife co.
Robert P. wrote a nice book "My Family Business- Colonial Knife Company" before he passed away a few years ago that explains how he founded and made the Old Cutler knives (among others)

I was at a buddy's family fishing cabin on the river this weekend. We were preparing dinner and I found this crammed in the back of the knife draw. I was so impressed with it he gifted it to me on the spot.
Is3y86K.jpg
oHn43Lq.jpg

I think old cutler was the premium line of colonial knife co.

A few weeks ago at the flea market I saw an old cutler "factory custom" that had worked blades, bolster engraving and such. It was actually pretty neat, but the guy wanted $200, so I say no to that.

Old Cutler was founded and knives were made by Robert Paolantonio with parts sourced from Camillus. Robert was the grandson of Frederick Paolantonio, one of three brothers who started Colonial Knife co.
Robert P. wrote a nice book "My Family Business- Colonial Knife Company" before he passed away a few years ago that explains how he founded and made the Old Cutler knives (among others)
Thanks for the info guys, think this will be one I carry more for novelty and conversation. It definitely is tough enough for a good user,but I'd like to preserve the etch. In fact I carried it today,showed to the gentleman that I bought the Case from. He had a good spread of knives. From moderns to a couple cases full of bokers,case,and old stock USA Schrades and Uncle Henry. He looked it over and said something like,"Well, I ain't seen an Old Cutler in years, that's a pretty good knife,nice find" Probably take the hour drive back up to that flea market in the future Nice to find someone with a good selection of new old stock knives. And ain't trying to gouge you on the prices either :thumbsup:

Bays (Providence Cutlery Co) and Valor of Japan (hi-stainless) from Allegan Fairgrounds,
Un-birthday present Mikov from my brother,
Forest-Master and Murphy (I'm pretty sure) from the flea market this morning.
Of1JLZJ.jpg

Oh, and a nice money-clip for a dollar. I know I said I was through with them, but maybe if I stick with newer bills and peel them more carefully...

These are gifts that my wife gave me this morning.

I was wondering why she filled her gas tank last Friday and then again on Sunday. Turns out that she drove down to Grand Prairie Knives on Friday while I was at work. Sneaky, sneaky.

The Half Congress is a 1977, the Peanut is a 2018, and the bottle of bourbon will be opened this evening.

IMG_4831.JPG
IMG_4833.JPG
IMG_4835.JPG

These are gifts that my wife gave me this morning.

I was wondering why she filled her gas tank last Friday and then again on Sunday. Turns out that she drove down to Grand Prairie Knives on Friday while I was at work. Sneaky, sneaky.

The Half Congress is a 1977, the Peanut is a 2018, and the bottle of bourbon will be opened this evening.

View attachment 1137214
View attachment 1137215
View attachment 1137216
Your wife has great taste, both of those knives are beautiful. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Back