Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Nameless Catskill Mts. knife that sure looks like abalone, esemco pen, and corneta of El Salvador 14" machette.
FL7J6iu.jpg

Well, Tony at Everyday Commentary got me again. His newest review had me searching for an Otter, which I found. But I also followed the rabbit hole to Perceval. Haven’t bought a knife in a while, so I guess I just went all in.

I guess these are both more modern than traditional. I hope these are in keeping with the guidelines.

9AFCAD50-402D-45E3-B239-069B3D275BCE.jpeg CC2E4B0E-8589-4E18-A52C-ECC9C4B1E11B.jpeg

Just received this in the mail, when it arrived it was what i expected, the plain looking grey stag that is seen on most A.Wright stag scales. It is one of their budget work knives, and has it's flaws, but over all is a good work knife and that is what it is made for. But i always clean a knife when i receive it, and this had a very pleasant surprise, under all the grey metal dust, was a little hidden gem, some color. My photography skills are not the best, but the scales have a beautiful golden tinge through them, which does not show up as well in a photo, but it is there. So if you purchase a stag from Wrights, give it a good clean you may well be pleasantly surprised.
N4cQMnr.jpg

70DVAe1.jpg

Very nice, cudgee, I too just received a late Christmas present (from myself!). I love the old Schrade Waldens, and I already had a nice user 880 Kon-Kav, but I found an absolutely mint example in the box to have a safe queen as well. It also has a different clip main than the user. This knife is more pristine than some GECs I've bought directly from retailers; it literally could have been made yesterday!

User 880 with Ulster style cut swedge clip main
ZAlKezh.jpg

Safe Queen 880 with Schrade style drawn swedge clip main
aIp1oKm.jpg

Very nice, cudgee, I too just received a late Christmas present (from myself!). I love the old Schrade Waldens, and I already had a nice user 880 Kon-Kav, but I found an absolutely mint example in the box to have a safe queen as well. It also has a different clip main than the user. This knife is more pristine than some GECs I've bought directly from retailers; it literally could have been made yesterday!

User 880 with Ulster style cut swedge clip main
ZAlKezh.jpg

Safe Queen 880 with Schrade style drawn swedge clip main
aIp1oKm.jpg
Very nice.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What vintage would that be, just curious, we cannot get those great finds over here.:)

Beautiful covers, interesting edge on that Spey blade. If you don’t mind my asking, when was that knife produced?
Thank You! The tang stamp puts it as a 1980. I'm kind of a sucker for appaloosa bone. All my other appaloosas have smooth bone so this one is a little different. I don't think Case has made many trappers with the serrated blade.

Thank You! The tang stamp puts it as a 1980. I'm kind of a sucker for appaloosa bone. All my other appaloosas have smooth bone so this one is a little different. I don't think Case has made many trappers with the serrated blade.
Other than the Halloween knives, I think you’re right, but that knife is in a class by itself!

Back