Your own physical reaction to having had the vaccine shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never took the vaccine. I had family visiting from out of state and all 10 of us ended up with Covid 2 years ago. None of us had life threatening symptoms, just fatigue and not feeling great. Remember also there was no Flu during that time? Now the Flu is back?

I always thought a vaccine prevented you from getting a virus, like polio, measles, and chickenpox.

You guys have had up to 5 Jabs and still can get it and spread it? When do vaccines work? Why put that crap in your body?

I wont go into all the reports of heart attacks, blood clots, sterilization, and other side effects of the vaccine.

Natural Immunity is the best defense in my opinion.

I never took the vaccine. I had family visiting from out of state and all 10 of us ended up with Covid 2 years ago. None of us had life threatening symptoms, just fatigue and not feeling great. Remember also there was no Flu during that time? Now the Flu is back?

I always thought a vaccine prevented you from getting a virus, like polio, measles, and chickenpox.

You guys have had up to 5 Jabs and still can get it and spread it? When do vaccines work? Why put that crap in your body?

I wont go into all the reports of heart attacks, blood clots, sterilization, and other side effects of the vaccine.

Natural Immunity is the best defense in my opinion.

After two years and you don't know the answers to these questions, then you should know that there is no sufficient amount of pages here to type the answers to educate you to your satisfaction. I'll take one stab at it, pun intended, but don't know how dedicated I am to doing follow ups on this topic. I'm often too tired to care. I acquired a Bachelors Degree in Microbiology in 1984 and went on to become a pediatrician, but I retired in 2007 due to medical disability. I am not totally current on everything new, or old.

Some people are just genetically less susceptible to some viruses than others, with less severe symptoms, while others are sure to die from it. Most people fall in the middle. Some do develop natural antibodies to the common colds. I was exposed to multiple coronavirus strains as a pediatrician, and slowly became immune to the common cold as I was working with kids. Once I stopped treating patients I would occasionally get the common cold but not very often. In December 2020 my antibody tests showed that my antibody level to the endemic coronaviruses was cross reacting with the Covid-19 Surface Antibody test (2% cross reactivity), while at the same time being negative for tests against the Covid-19 nuclear antigen and nuclear antibodies.

Vaccines target a specific strain of the virus and the features of that specific strain, but a virus that breeds unchecked in a vast multitude of hosts can mutate faster into different newer strains. Then the antibodies we have from the previous vaccine wont fit the target proteins properly to attach, and they are less effective against the new strain.

Many vaccines will not stimulate a permanent immunity, with some needing 2-3 boosters in a short time just to get decades of immunity, and we all need a tetanus and diphtheria vaccine every 10 years as adults, and shingles vaccines in our 50's, etc. Some vaccines will only reduce the severity of illness if contracted, but not totally prevent any disease in everyone. There was never a big incentive to vaccinate against the common cold because it wasn't deadly like the Flu, but we vaccinate for Influenza each year because if 30-50 million who might catch it 30K-50K might die from it. I believe that based on what the prominent strains were at the end of the previous flu season, and cycles of different strains in the past, the vaccine manufacturers will have to gamble that the 3-4 strains targeted by this years particular annual vaccine will also be the same ones to first strike the next season (something like that). If the gamble is correct, we have an effective vaccine that reduces the number of cases, and thus reduces the number of new strains that might pop up or return.

But the best vaccines for Covid only bring us effective antibody levels after 2 doses a month apart, and the effective antibody levels only last about 6 months before tapering. If the strain doesn't mutate, people will still have a much milder illness when exposed to the same strain again. The original vaccine was still effective against Delta variant within 6-8 months of the vaccine, but to fight the Omicron variant later in 2021 people needed very high antibody levels, typically those only seen for about 4 months before dropping to levels too low to be very effective. So we began to see more cases of Covid in vaccinated people, although the hospitalization rate was much lower vs unvaccinated, and the death rate was still about 40x less in people who had been vaccinated (before the new formula came out this fall to fight Omicron).

Since the Flu is 10x less contagious than Covid, and people were still masking through Flu season 2020-2021, we only had about 2500 cases of the Flu (last I read) because masks prevented the spread of Influenza more easily than Covid which is more contagious. My mask protects YOU from MY germs - They do not protect me from your germs if you don't wear one too. That is why in the sterile operating room, the only person in the room who is not wearing a mask is the patient - the doctors and nurses and anesthesiologist wear a mask to keep their germs out of your body.

When we have HIGH numbers of ignorant people trying to fight Covid-19 naturally, and NOT wearing masks, then we have a high number of perfect incubators for new strains or variants that will begin or continue to evade the vaccines, as we chase our tails with new formulations of the vaccine to fight the new variants that they breed.

I wont go into all the reports of heart attacks, blood clots, strokes, post covid fatigue, post covid dementia, post covid cognitive loss, and other side effects of the infection. Covid attacks endothelial cells in blood vessels, not just lungs, and harms our vital organs too.

PS: If I recall, Covid-19 is the disease, and SARS-COV2 is the virus? I'm retired, I don't care anymore, we just talk about them interchangeably to make it simpler.

So how do you explain the states or countries who lifted the lockdown or mask wearing, fared better than the states or countries who had a strict covid mask and lock down policy?

Lets not forget higher death rates in the states who enforced masks and lockdowns

So how do you explain the states or countries who lifted the lockdown or mask wearing, fared better than the states or countries who had a strict covid mask and lock down policy?

Lets not forget higher death rates in the states who enforced masks and lockdowns
It's too multifactorial to explain. I don't have the energy to keep going. Maybe visit some public health websites, until I have the energy to deal with this again? Peace šŸ˜·

EDIT - also the strawman argument of opening new questions with questionable facts to dispute my first rebutal doesn't work with me.

People react to fear and greed......
This was just the perfect storm with both involved.

It's Always important to watch how the narrative changes so much.
Always follow the money, regardless of the story on the news
(Who is it costing, and who benefits)

I'm not going to mention politics, i hate politics.
It just saddens me to think that in these recent years, politics killed science too

History lesson:
go back less than a hundred years.
What was politics and science like???
Funny, I read most of the Bad Stuff actually originated in Cali and other places in America, not europe.

Let's stop perverting History, it's actually more important than science.

*I'm seeing currently people's are asking for amnesty for what happened with civic and the shots.....
What's up with that?

I wish EVERYONE well, and have a safe holiday season.

Merry Christmas.

Putting a hold on this for a spell.
This is not the place to argue for or against the vaccines.

YOUR OWN PHYSICAL REACTION TO THE VACCINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back