Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dice

• Michael Burch Chubby

• Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade

• Total voters
That Rubicon is goooooooorgeous!! I wonder what the msrp will be. Even if it's $300, it will be mine. The hard part will be the wait. Spyderco seems to be upping the ante big time in terms of new production methods, new materials and revolutionizing the production folder market for 2014. And I couldn't be happier.

Firefly,

Tatonka, if it was a liner lock.

The Roadie, not sure if it has a lock or if it's a slip joint.

There's a few I didn't like but all in all, pretty nice knives, and pics.

Stysz Bowie.

Also love the Carbon Fiber on the Rubicon, but the Orange ring kept me from voting for it too. If it loses the orange ring in final production I'll be all over one.

I am pretty sure I will buy the Slysz Bowie and the Peter Carey Rubicon.

However left hand versions would be nice. But I know its not profitable for Spyderco.

I love the Slyzs Bowie and Rubicon, but as a knife nut who carries strictly tip-down, I am very afraid and disappointed to see almost only tip-up carry options on almost all awesome new designs :( Just like ZT is doing lately :( Very very frustrating :(

Worker Sprint
Slysz Bowie
Peter Carey Rubicon
Mike Read PITS
Kiwi G-10
Farid Mehr K2
Ed Schempp Frontier
Serge Panchenko Dog Tag Folder
Michael Burch Chubby
Gayle Bradley Fixed Blade
Bob Lum Tanto FB sprint

I was hoping for something like a Superhawk or SpyderHawk. No Hawkbills though. I'm not interested in any of those

I'm primarily a value knife, VG-10, S30v person. Very disappointing so far for 2014. I guess I will be saving my money this year.

Farid Mehr K2 for me. I really like the rubicon but I've got enough s30v. The Slysz bowie is awesome but I just got the hungarian in cts xhp, and it's very similar to the K2. I'm trying to expand my steel so the K2 in cpm 10v wins out for me. Eventually I will have the Slysz bowie, the frontier, Rubicon, and the ROC.

Does mean we will not see the Rubicon this year?

Also love the Carbon Fiber on the Rubicon, but the Orange ring kept me from voting for it too. If it loses the orange ring in final production I'll be all over one.

1. Was the Rubicon shown a Production Prototype or a Production Sample?
  2. Are the orange accents on the Rubicon final?

The Rubicon ws a prototype made from tooling, so closer to a production sample. The orange accents are final and match the designers model.

sal

Per Sal, the Rubicon was indeed a Production Sample so we'll see it sooner rather than later plus the orange accents will stay.

Last edited:
The Slysz bowie is a must have. I also really like and will probably end up getting the Chubby and the Dice (I need to decide between the Dice and the Domino, probably won't get both)

My votes are for the Bowie, PITS, and the collaboration Slysz Swayback frame lock.;)

Back