You're all carrying your knives backwards!

Better idea, since I started this thread apparently in the wrong place, I will move it to my sub forum, where the general knife aspect, political aspect, moral aspect and martial aspect can all be discussed with the only limitation being please keep it to civil language.

Well nothing happened, and nothing's going to happen when I go to Midtown Manhattan to deliver antique furniture. Much worse things are likely to happen to me on Rikers Island if I get stop'n'frisked and have a blade that a cop doesn't like.

I think your perception of NYC must be based on action flicks from the 80s. It's not a scary place, not most of it, and even the bad spots aren't like they were in the past. You should travel more.

I thought we were talking about visiting these places, not changing our citizenship. Anyway, you think we have really just leaders here? C'mon, man.

Have you been living under a rock? I've seen the videos of black kids stomping a white girl. I saw the video of another guy shooting a guy that was minding his own business. Anyway, this is the wrong thread to discuss the issues.

You are welcome to discuss these issues here if you wish, now that the thread is in my subforum. I only ask to keep it civil and charitable, and the language clean.

You are welcome to discuss these issues here if you wish, now that the thread is in my subforum. I only ask to keep it civil and charitable, and the language clean.

Fine with me. If he wants to keep pretending that everything has been wonderful in NYC. Maybe he can answer why so many people, people that can afford to, have left NYC. Maybe he will deny that also...:rolleyes:

Have you been living under a rock? I've seen the videos of black kids stomping a white girl. I saw the video of another guy shooting a guy that was minding his own business.
"Honey, come quick to the teevee! I saw something that made me scared! It's them dang kids playing the Knockout game while high on Tide Pods and doing a TikTok!" C'mon man.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread to discuss the issues.
That doesn't seem to be stopping you.

The discussion is welcome to continue, but please let's not ridicule each other. Instead let's try to understand the reasons for our differences of perspective. Thanks.

"Honey, come quick to the teevee! I saw something that made me scared! It's them dang kids playing the Knockout game while high on Tide Pods and doing a TikTok!" C'mon man.

That doesn't seem to be stopping you.

People took the videos with their phones. I guess that you are here just to argue. Why don't you get a hobby or something?

So people took videos with their phones, so what? There is a video for everything, an anecdote for everything, a boogie man for every timid heart. That doesn't mean we have to live by these things. Don't let a video run your life.

So people took videos with their phones, so what? There is a video for everything, an anecdote for everything, a boogie man for every timid heart. That doesn't mean we have to live by these things. Don't let a video run your life.
LOL! As I already said, their laws keeps me from wanting to go there.

LOL! As I already said, their laws keeps me from wanting to go there.
I guarantee that if you were teleported to any of these scary places, you wouldn't know the difference in the laws. It's not like you can taste or smell laws.
You might taste or smell some ethnic food though, so maybe that's the scary part.

I guarantee that if you were teleported to any of these scary places, you wouldn't know the difference in the laws. It's not like you can taste or smell laws.
You might taste or smell some ethnic food though, so maybe that's the scary part.

I never said that it was scary, you did. For the second time, I just don't like being at the mercy of their criminals. Ethnic food? I always thought that the food in the Northeast was bland and lame. I love hot and spicy food, like Mexican food. My favorite hot sauce is Carolina Reaper Squeezins.

I never said that it was scary, you did. For the second time, I just don't like being at the mercy of their criminals. Ethnic food? I always thought that the food in the Northeast was bland and lame. I love hot and spicy food, like Mexican food. My favorite hot sauce is Carolina Reaper Squeezins.

When answering statements like "not wanting to be at the mercy of their criminals (and governments as stated further up)", I find it hard not to come off as condensating. It is however not my intent!

To someone like me, is just sounds so very paranoid, not wanting to go places, where carrying a weapon is not allowed.
I can understand not wanting to go certain specific places. Writing off the rest of the world is just a pity.

Were you to venture to Denmark, you not be at the mercy of criminals.
If you met our justicesystem, you would be at the hands of the least corrupt system in the world (or maybe that is Finland?)
Our police force is very well educated.

By the way, most of the 42 homicides committed in Denmark i 2020, are not committed by criminals as such. More so mentally unstable husbands killing their wives or drunks getting mad at their drinking buddy.
Of course we also have the wannabe gangsters, settling their differences, resulting in a few murders a year, within their ranks.

When answering statements like "not wanting to be at the mercy of their criminals (and governments as stated further up)", I find it hard not to come off as condensating. It is however not my intent!

To someone like me, is just sounds so very paranoid, not wanting to go places, where carrying a weapon is not allowed.
I can understand not wanting to go certain specific places. Writing off the rest of the world is just a pity.

Were you to venture to Denmark, you not be at the mercy of criminals.
If you met our justicesystem, you would be at the hands of the least corrupt system in the world (or maybe that is Finland?)
Our police force is very well educated.

By the way, most of the 42 homicides committed in Denmark i 2020, are not committed by criminals as such. More so mentally unstable husbands killing their wives or drunks getting mad at their drinking buddy.
Of course we also have the wannabe gangsters, settling their differences, resulting in a few murders a year, within their ranks.

Well, I like the idea of being able to shoot back when someone shoots at me. Plus I'm 60 and disabled now. I'm not young and able to do jumping spinning inverted crescents all day like I used to. But I'm not complaining - I've had plenty of fun in my life. But at this stage of my life I am not going anywhere that doesn't honor my LTC and I really don't care what anyone thinks about it.

Well, I like the idea of being able to shoot back when someone shoots at me. Plus I'm 60 and disabled now. I'm not young and able to do jumping spinning inverted crescents all day like I used to. But I'm not complaining - I've had plenty of fun in my life. But at this stage of my life I am not going anywhere that doesn't honor my LTC and I really don't care what anyone thinks about it.

I am not trying to make you change your mind.
And no disrespect towards your choice.

I for one look forward to my next visit to the US, because it is a great place to be. Whether I am unarmed or not.

And make no mistake, I would love to be able to carry my fixed blade as an EDC, even if I apparently am carrying it backwards:)

I am not trying to make you change your mind.
And no disrespect towards your choice.

I for one look forward to my next visit to the US, because it is a great place to be. Whether I am unarmed or not.

And make no mistake, I would love to be able to carry my fixed blade as an EDC, even if I apparently am carrying it backwards:)

That's good because my mind is a fixed blade. LOL! Be careful in those places where you can't be armed. There's a lot of hatred going around in those liberal cities.

That's good because my mind is a fixed blade. LOL! Be careful in those places where you can't be armed. There's a lot of hatred going around in those liberal cities.

Things are a little crazy right now in parts of the United States. I didn't always live in a nice rural area. I just found out that angry mobs recently knocked down the statues in an urban park where I played as a kid.

Really, that might be good general advice for tourists. Stay to the well-lit, well-maintained, inviting places and don't stray too far from the main trail. Crime will always be a thing. Some areas will always be statistically safer than others. Hopefully, some of the current insanity will die down and life will get back to something like normal. America is a big place with plenty to see. There is so much beauty. There is vast diversity (actual as opposed to superficial diversity) in local culture.

Even just in terms of cuisine, we've got Southern, Acadian, New England, and more. We've got competing BBQ traditions and competing pizza traditions. You can get Tex-Mex near one border and a nice plate of poutine near the other. It'd be a shame to see any of that restricted. Not for nothing, many of us here are active in trying to get rid of restrictions on the rights of the people.

What's so funny about that?

Jokes are always robbed of their humorous impact when they are explained. But here goes: People often fear the unknown. To many people, ethnic foods are unfamiliar and can smell and taste bizarre to those not used to them. It is not actually dangerous, to them though. But the fear of unknown tastes and smells might be enough to cause some people to refuse to ever try certain cuisines. Therefore Boombats' comment was a well implemented way to acknowledge people's propensity for fear of the unknown, while substituting something that is not actually dangerous (unknown cuisine) in place of the real potential danger we were discussing (whether there is an increased likelihood of a person who normally is armed falling victim to violent crime if he or she should travel to a place where the law disarms him or her). I felt it was a clever way to politely stick to his point, while adding some appreciated levity to the topic.

Back