Yowza!!!. . . Check Out This New Model ! ! ! ! ! (Cool Pic!)

Silas said:
So it's for saving weight not adding strength? If your guess is correct that is.

Looks pretty cool whatever it's for. :thumbup:
Don't confuse added rigidity for strength.

Rick

Holy Crap,
Somehow the fabric of time and space must have been disrupted. There's finally a kick butt Busse coming out at a time when I may actually be able to afford one. Cool. I've only ever owned one Busse, very briefly, but I definately got the bug.

Lagarto

Jerry Busse said:
HC1-5.jpg

You know, I'm really curious if those are just Jerry and Garths fingernail marks from fighting over who was going to play with it first.

:D :D

Matteo Escobar said:
That looks like an awesome knife!

Jerry, could you explain to us one more time exactly how the corrugated bevels increase performance??

I'm not Jerry, (obviously) but corugation always ads linear rigidity without excess material.

Half round corrugation is the most effective, and I'd imagine this is a light and stiff knife.

The "blood grooves" that where put in swords of old served two purposes, and neither of them was for channeling blood.

The fuller (so called blood groove) was a way to get a sword that was long, wide and stiff without being heavy, or having to be hardened to the point that it would break easily in combat. Heavy swords where bad for lots of reasons, they where unweildy yes, but steel was also precious and very expensive, so the less needed to get the job done the better.

The other thing the fuller did was add rgidity to the blade, in fact a 2 pound blade that's 30" long and 2" wide held flat up and horizontal might deflect something like 7 degrees without a fuller, and maybe 2 degrees with, all else being as close to equal as possible. (these are observations not scientificlly gathered numbers, so don't flame me!)

Hope I didn't jump in inapropriately.... just figured I'd help explain it.

Tony

It won't break off any more easily than a flat ground blade, as long as the heat treatment is the same for both.

Only possibility of problem comes from the increased surface area, which in the old days meant that there was a slightly increased chance of a flaw in the steel showing up, but these days, as long as the finishing of the steel under that coating is kept to a decent standard, I'd say that the chances are about 1 in a million for the increased surface area to cause a problem... again, this is my opinion, but I'd put money on it :)

Tony

Who's a good boy??...where's my good boy???....can you say Heavy?....

:D

Back