Zen 11.

ghostsix

BANNED
This is for info only.There enough Buddhists in the world. I`ve never met one who wanted to convert you. Disscussion is ok. Zen is the only religion that demands creativity rather than conformity from it`s adherents,and which uncompromisingly rejects anything which they have begged or borrowed from a source other than themselves. Conformity can only be formal posturing; it can never be whole hearted assent.Bill practices a different brand,probably Mahayana with a Tantric mix. I never asked. We have more in common than differences,and Buddhism does not discourage differences. I`ll leave you with a thought:While living,Be a dead man,Be thoroughly dead-And behave as you like,And all`s well.

------------------

Zen is a little hard to discuss because it`s aim is to forget itself.

------------------

Ghost, in the Tibetan Book of the Dead they say, "If a man learns how to die so shall he learn how to live." Or something very close to that.

Uncle Bill

Few indeed do learn to live despite looking even into the face of their own death. But for others confronting death is the beginning of truly living.

And right you are, Rusty.

Interestingly, I just had a Freudian slip of the finger. I typed Trusty rather than Rusty.

I like that. Trusty Rusty.

Uncle Bill

But Trusty might mean something quite different to Jailhack and the other correctional officers on these forums (LOL).

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused his dentist's Novocain during root canal work? He wanted to transcend
dental medication.

God it's good to know there are others around as sick or sicker than I am.

--. .. ...- . / -- . / .- / -... .-. . .- -.- --..-- / --. ..- -.-- ... .-.-.- / .. /
.- -- / - .-. -.-- .. -. --. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... -.-. . -. -.. /
-- . -.. .. -.-. .- - .. --- -. / .- .-.. ... --- .-.-.-

Howard, am I supposed to put back slashes between letters? I`ve only keyed it before.It`s hard to recognize a fist this way; isn`t it?

------------------

Bill, what that saying that you qouted means is to throw away fear. Then you can perform properly.

------------------

Ghost,

I'm not sure if there are protocols for typing Morse Code on the forums. As for my fist, well, I'll let you in on a secret. I never play by the rules. I used http://www.nerdsrus.com/cgi-bin/morse.pl? . But don't tell Bill. He'll probably never find his code book, but I'm sure he'll find lots of interesting stuff to post while he's looking for it. Who knows, maybe he'll find another old khukuri.

Howard, you are right. I start looking for something and find something else that seems to take priority -- and I end up forgetting what it was that I was looking for in the first place.

And, ghost, you are correct in your observation. Fear tends to blind us.

Uncle Bill

I start looking for something and find something else that seems to take priority -- and I end up forgetting what it was that I was looking for in the first place.

Pakcik Bill & Forumites - That always happen to everybody (my self as well)!

1) What are we looking for in life?
2) What is the most priority thing to do in life?
3) Are we prioritizing things to do correctly?
4) What are we going to do if the forgotten thing is actually the most important thing to do in life?

Back