Zen 11.

While some people hesitate,
Because they feel inferior.
Others are busy making mistakes,
And becoming superior.
-------------------------------
If one believes that life has no mistakes,
only opportunities to practice,
any job worth doing becomes a chance to learn and practice. It is thus is worth doing lovingly, with joy, and even badly if that be your best at the time.

A job left undone teaches different lessons. That is the way of the sheeple, who give up what makes life living in the delusion that they can make life safe.

Ghost is right. Live life well, live life poorly, but live life! Now!

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 09 September 1999).]

Interesting stuff. Rusty, my guru said, "If you can't do it with love, don't do it."

Uncle Bill

An old fable tells of a proud lion who was convinced he was the sovereign lord of all he surveyed. He strutted around the jungle asking "Who is the King of the Jungle?"

The little mouse answered "You are, Sir."
The donkey said "You are Sir."
So did the monkeys, deer, and hippo.

When the lion roared his question to the elephant, the elephant wrapped his trunk around the lion, whirled him about his head, and crashed him into a tree.

The lion got up, dizzy and dazed, and wobbled back to the elephant and said, " You didn't have to get sore just because you don't know the right answer!"

I resemble that story.

my guru said, "If you can't do it with love, don't do it."

Pakcik Bill - YES!

I like to add with what my peer said, "If you have to do it, do it with love".

An old fable tells of a proud lion ...

Rusty - One of our elders told us a fable of a lion cub which lost his way and then mix up with a family of sheep for some time - the lion cub and the sheeps treat each other as their family - they speak with sheep langguage "MBEEK ... MBEEK" - one day while drinking water in a stream the lion cub met his mother - he got scared and run away - the mother chase him until finally the mother caught him - the mother bring him back to the stream - the lion cub realize that she is his mother after comparing their face from the reflection in the water - he went back to the sheep family to say good by - You guess what happened when the lion cub said "AAUUUUM ... AAUUUUM" - of course the sheep family run away! The lion cub said "YES! I am a lion!".

Cute and funny, both Rusty and Mohd. Love it! I am getting childish in my old age.

Uncle Bill

:
To become childish in ones old age is to become innocent again,leaving most of the old cares behind loving everyone with innocence once again.

------------------

>>>>---¥vsa---->®
The civilized man sleeps behind locked doors in the city while the naked savage sleeps (with a knife) in a open hut in the jungle.

Himalayan Imports Website http://members.aol.com/himimp/index.html

See, I had thought of saying something along those lines, but waited, and my brother from another mother Yvsa came along and said it better than I could have.

And Mohd, prioritizing, YES! That is the key to Simplicity. Simplicity is knowing what values take precedence. To keep things simple is nothing more or less than knowing what is important. ( So why oh why are the simple things always so complicated? )

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 09 September 1999).]

Digression: the "lion and elephant" story reminded me of a "nature film outtake" I saw years ago that was quite possibly the funniest and at the same time most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life.

Actual video footage: this elephant sticks his trunk in a river to drink. A BIG crocodile (or 'gator? whatever) grabs it. The elephant drags it up on shore and in a rage, STOMPS it to death.

Moral: don't bite off more than you can chew...
biggrin.gif

Jim March

We're just going to have to REALLY up the Thorazine dose Jim gets.

For a code book,go to your Friendly Aviation Agency FSS, and get RADIO COMMUNICATIONS PHRASEOLOGY and TECHNIQUES. It`s free.

------------------

Back