Zero Tolerance Boxes

Could be perhaps, that it was sent in to ZT for resharpening/service, and got sent back in a generic box. I think Benchmade does something similar when using the Lifesharp service.

That would be a good explanation!

No writing at all on the box to indicate the model. I firmly believe as others, the knife is legit and the box is import.

The knife looks pretty genuine to me as well. I like Jeffs explanation. Somebody bought the knife, tossed the box, send it back for service/sharpening, possible before selling it and KAI/ZT tossed it into a generic box. Might be worth asking them since it could be useful information for others.

Possible fake
02001-jpeg.1087745

Legit

DSC_8647.JPG

I can't say for sure but the possibility of that being a fake may be true. Look at the differences. Look at the choil where the quote Dlc end quote looks weird. Look at where the white letters align.

They may have use different Lazer inscription between the two being the serials are fairly far apart. But other than those things I can't tell much difference. Send it to zt. If it's fake they may dispose of it though.

So I can't say for certain one way or another.

Last edited:
No writing at all on the box to indicate the model. I firmly believe as others, the knife is legit and the box is import.

An apparently good call based on all that's been shown/said above. I have an authentic 0200 that looks like the one pictured as well.

The main tip off for fake boxes for recently produced knives (especially those made by Kershaw, ZT and/or Spyderco) is that they do not have the name, model $ and bar code printed on it.

So, I will no longer buy (or will return) any knife made by those companies (or others) that does not come in a properly marked box because, although I have received authentic knives in questionable boxes, I have not yet received a fake knife in a properly marked box.

Back