ZT 0454 Limited Release 9/30/2014 6pm Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014-10-10%2011-52-09_2BKC%20FORUM%20%E2%80%A2%20View%20topic%20-%20Zero%20Tolerance%20Pictures.jpg

best

mqqn

Hahaha! Grizzly don't care.

Taking cues from the "community" I decided to really put this knife under the "microscope".

Hi power microscope:
15492371672_3f8cc8a26f_c.jpg

Microscope with light on.
15469568406_31df52060e_c.jpg

After the microscope yielded no faults, I broke out the big boy. A scanning electron microscope or SEM with an EDAX attachment. A $250,000+ piece of machinery.
15489545981_7e4b7f7e86_c.jpg

I can confidently say I have exhausted my resources and this knife is perfect! No "burnt" edges, no voids in the CF handle, perfectly centered. Looks better than some customs, and most midtechs I have seen. Great job KAI USA!

I just got mine :thumbup: It's pretty impressive. The fit and finish is first class. It came in a green pouch as well. The inside of the pouch looks like mqqn's bear wiped her den with it. I don't see any of that diamond dust either :D I wonder what's up with that? Not that it matters. After the sale and all the Dear John letters that went out I'm just relieved to have it in my hand.

I was lucky to get it at all today. My regular UPS driver is off today and the Wanker that's on the route didn't ring the bell he just knocked on my door like like a little girl. As fate would have it I was outside retrieving my Garbage can so I caught him driving away. My Wife was just inside the door and she didn't hear him knock at all.

For the record: the serial # is 72.

same thing happened to me yesterday, it said late truck. I called UPS and told them I wanted to pick it up from their hub. It took 25min drive but I got it. if you really want it today, call them and take a ride over, the hubs close at 7pm

I live in DC, and mine only made it to PA this morning. I will not be driving there to pick it up.

Just opened mine and wow what a beauty. Still a tossup of which is my favorite, the 0777 (original), 0888 or the 454. What fantastic flipping action and such a nice strong detente. I love it!!

Serial number #390

Just got mine SN# 201. Love the knife of course but the detent is ridiculously tight on mine. And I do know not to push in on the lock bar when opening. Anyone else have this issue? It honestly took me more than five attempts to get it to open. I was on my way to get my torx bits, because I thought it might have been overtightened for shipping, when it finally shot open like a freakin rocket. I hope this loosens up because I want so bad to carry this blade.

Mine has not arrived yet. I just received some terrible news though, dvor told me the 562cf I ordered will not be in for 1-2 months now. Such bs, I will never purchase from dvor again.

Just got mine SN# 201. Love the knife of course but the detent is ridiculously tight on mine. And I do know not to push in on the lock bar when opening. Anyone else have this issue? It honestly took me more than five attempts to get it to open. I was on my way to get my torx bits, because I thought it might have been overtightened for shipping, when it finally shot open like a freakin rocket. I hope this loosens up because I want so bad to carry this blade.

The detent on mine is IMO just about perfect (it's stiff enough to make it fire hard, but not overly stiff like my 0801 was until I "adjusted" it).

well mine is in my pocket and hopefully after a weekends worth of use at work the detent willbecome perfect just like everything else on this knife is imo

well mine is in my pocket and hopefully after a weekends worth of use at work the detent willbecome perfect just like everything else on this knife is imo

Put a little oil on the detent ball and work the groove rapidly while applying pressure on the lockbar.

My detent is perfect and fires hard. It reminds me a lot of my shirogorov

The ergos in almost every grip are amazing. I had a custom Sinkevich that was the same way, the design is really well thought out .

The ergos in almost every grip are amazing. I had a custom Sinkevich that was the same way, the design is really well thought out .

How did you order a custom one? I sent him and shirogorov an email trying to get customs but got no answer. It seems it's really hard to get a hold of these guys

I don't think these have super tight detents, rather it might be the way the knife is designed. You might need to be meticulous and adjust your grip accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back