• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT 0551 Preorders ( Elmax version of the ZT/Hiderer colab. 0550)

I agree. Thomas W said that the steels would be different and that the finish might be different, also. I don't recall a definitive answer on the specifics either.

0551 is stonewashed.

Some indication that the 0550 could be black, but I have not seen confirmation of that. Not sure if that was wishes turned to rumor or something mentioned by someone in the know.

0551 is bead blasted - not stone washed. This was stated by Thomas earlier in the thread.

0551 is stonewashed.

Some indication that the 0550 could be black, but I have not seen confirmation of that. Not sure if that was wishes turned to rumor or something mentioned by someone in the know.
I hope they are stonewashed.

-Tye

0551 is bead blasted - not stone washed. This was stated by Thomas earlier in the thread.

I will admit I didn't know that was different until you said that.

Beads are really just tiny stones right?:p

I see we are both correct or both wrong depending on how you look at it.

0551 Sprint Run specs:

* 3 1/2 inch blade
* .156 thick blade (Same as ZT 0300)
* Elmax blade steel
* Plain edge only
* Grind - See pictures below of the production 0551 Sprint Run
* Stonewashed blade
* Titanium frame lock with bead blast finish

* Black G-10 scale with "brick" pattern over a skeletonized 410 stainless steel liner
* Phosphor bronze bushings
* Anodized aluminum tube spacers
* 5.8 oz with no clip
* Clip will be the same as the ZT 03XX series
* No choil
* No glass breaker (According to RH, none of the 0550/0551 will have anything sticking out the back.)
* Flow through design (no back spacer)
* MSRP $250

Last edited:
I will admit I didn't know that was different until you said that.

Beads are really just tiny stones right?:p

I see we are both correct or both wrong depending on how you look at it.

The stonewashed blade is the big reason I want the sprint specifically. I was a little worried when someone said it was bead blasted but I'm glad you cleared up that the scale is bead blasted and not the blade. The way I understand it (and I'm not an expert), bead blast and stonewash are two different things entirely...

The pipe line has opened!

My payment has been sent.

"The Package" reached my local USPS sort facility this morning...should be getting a delivery in a few hours...:p

Thanks Dave for the quick response!

Last edited:
For those of us on the wait-list are all knives accounted for or will there be more emails going out on this batch?

An answer from the other thread, not from Kershawguy directly:
Not necessarily, I am on the back-up list and hadn't heard anything but contacted Dave anyway. He said that he is still waiting on responses from those on the original list to be yay or nay and depending on those results, some on the back-up list will then be contacted due to open spots. Furthermore, he is supposed to get more of the next run so he will be able to fill a number of back orders ultimately from that run. So, you might here something sooner or later depending on where you are on the back-order list.

Hope that helps and keeps Dave from answering so many questions.

Regards,

Rich

Last edited:
If any of you happen to receive SN#286 and would like to trade for one of mine please let me know. I would be happy to pay shipping both ways. The number has special meaning to me and would really like to pick it up

Thanks

Got mine yesterday!

A big "Thank You!" to Dave for taking the time to do this and shipping out so quickly. :) :thumbup:

∞

If by any chance there are any of these left.... I want one. :)

Please answer here, PM, or e-mail.... I really do want one. :)

I don't know how I missed it in the first place.... :confused: :(

I'm still waiting to hear on them myself.

-Tye
Tye, if this was concerning what I wrote, I sent Dave an e-mail yesterday because I was not on any list. I had just discovered these.

He responded saying I was now on his list but it woulds be a good idea to get on other lists also to be "safe".

I took that to mean I was on his "overflow list", so I did find another place to get on the "A-list".... ;)

If you are already on a list.... I am sure you already knew this and more. :)

Otherwise, hope this helps. :thumbup:

I'm on the overflow list myself. I've talked with Dave and I'm hopeful that I'll be getting one of these bad Oscars.

-Tye

I'm on the overflow list myself. I've talked with Dave and I'm hopeful that I'll be getting one of these bad Oscars.

-Tye

I signed up about a week after you. Did he say when he thought he would get around to the waitlisters?

I hate to bug Dave after all the work he's had to do recently.

He didn't say. I've talked with him twice and like you I don't want to bug him since I bet he's got a load of work happening.

-Tye

Back