Recommendation? ZT 0566 vs PM 2 CPM-S110v

0566 vs PM 2

• Total voters
What made you not like the assisted opening? When I was flipping my Skyline I could've used some assistance. It seems that the PM 2 is 39g lighter than the 0566, did it make that big of a difference, the 39g?
I believe the skyline just uses washers whereas most of the unassisted ZTs use bearings, which make them open almost as aggresively as an assisted knife.
Even the 0200 and the 0560 (which I believe are both just riding on washers,) open easier than just about any unassisted Kershaw. Plus if you want to you can de-assist the 0566 and it will open more like your skyline if that’s what you like.
Edit: also the 0566 just feels much more sturdy (more beefy). If you don’t need something to pound on, get the pm2. Both are great knives , just a little different.

Elmax? The version I'm looking at has CPM-S35VN which I've heard is slightly better than Elmax.
Most people will say they prefer Elmax but Ive used both extensively (ZTs) and found their performance to be practically indistinguishable.

Much thanks for the pictures! I've made my decision, I'll be purchasing the ZT!

I think you’ll like it. If you’re a fan of the assisted opening I think you’ll really get a kick out of it. I seriously wish they decided to make one with their KVT system, and titanium instead of steel. I really like the size of the 0566 too, more than it’s big brothers actually.

The S35VN-Elmax option isn't that big of a difference. Not nearly like Elmax/S35VN Vs. S110V. I had ZT’s in both steels and they performed similarly. The steels are actually pretty close in composition too.

Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

I like the blade shape and size of the 0566. Yes, I wish it were titanium frame instead of steel, but you get used to the little extra weight.

Back